I have been printing some small diam.(.25"/6mm) parts about two inches tall (50MM). The prints have been fine but something new has shown up, the brim I used to print with because of the height to width difference, does not fuse together properly. When I pull the part off the brim just unravels like a piece of string, no fusion between each pass. I was running at 20mm/sec on the brim layer but I’m now printing some at 10 mm/sec to see if that makes a difference. Any ideas what has changed. This has never happened before and the basic settings are the same as previous prints. The OD of the brim is about 3/4" (19MM) 6mm width and 12 line count. Using Cura.
Well slowing the print speed for the brim seems to have solved the problem.
Shortest thread ever.
LOL, Had to add one more to it,
Thanks for letting us know
It just donned on me that the problem was the small size of the brim. Even though I normally print brims at 20MM/sec, which is slow, with the small diam. of it that would be to fast for proper fusion.
I started to have some adhesion problems too and slowing down the first layer to 10mm/s fixed the problem.
I agree, sometimes on the smaller prints, I actually use MIN LAYER TIME in my slicer. Gives the layer time to cool before piling more hot filament on top of it.