Hello, Just making a post to add this printer to the community. I’m active in the AdimLab Facebook group, though still newish to 3d printing. I only have the Gantry-S but am activly trying to learn more and more to help out anyone else that has this printer. Or is using a Makerbase Robin Lite board.
My goals with my printer are
- Update the firmware to Marlin 2.0
- Understand how to impliment the wifi card, then never use it again and go to octoprint XD
- Attach a Z2 stepper motor. (which may mean i’ll be looking for a new board in the near future XD)
- Install Linear Rails
- Replace bed springs with scilicone dampeners.
- Look into remote extruder motor possibilities
- Find some newly coloured, or sized aluminum extrusions to undo all my linear rail work, firmware, and to try and see how big i can make it go.
IDK how far along ill get before i get bored, frustrated or distracted, but so far ive made great progress.
Mods done so far
- Thermal insulation to the bottom of the heat bed
- Thermal insulated the extruder
- did a LCD Faceplate hole delete for the reset pin… and should ahve measured it first instead of eyeballing it XD
- Changed the bowden tube to capricorn tubeing
- Changed some of the stock wheels to new clear ones. It was needed, but i sort of regret getting clear ones as I can see cracks inside almost all of the ones ive bought. Though so far no issues with them.