Distinct raise in centre / Bed not even temp

My real job I deal with temperatures and the issue of needing accurate consistent temps at a lower cost all the time. IR guns are far more twitchy than most understand. Emissivity is not your friend. Basically the reflectance of an object screws up the measurement. It is easy seen, take aluminum foil scarp hold the gun around 40• to the surface hold the trigger and move your hand over the foil. Sooner tr later you are measuring your hand not the foil.

Most probe type thermometers are accurate to 1-2ºC good enough for this purpose.

Unfortunately that is the case with printers, out of the box printing is expensive upfront or in time and parts later.

I bought a prusa kit and once built it made perfect prints every mod I tried I undid as it is better stock generally. I recommended a fully assembled out of the box it was flawless and made great prints. I agree with the 3000/500 but the gap is smaller 1500/500.

I started with a tiki and I was over my head fast, I got a mono price mini had a grand time tinkering and taking it apart. I bought the prusa learned a lot about it assembling it and the instructions are the best I have ever seen for anything. I then bought an artillery in November and just have it mostly consistently making pints now, New hot bed, new filament sensor, new extruder, bl touch,… Tech support sent one email since November… I bought it with the wrong attitude, it is a project not a tool, I will get it working but I wish I saved the 700$ and all the money and time I poured into it.

2 Likes