FLSUN V400 Delta

sorry no reply sooner, was on holiday and some life issues came up;
how is the XL going ?
i am strongly leaning to it provided you give it a thumbs up;
you bought it direct from prusa ?
how was the order-to-product-receipt time ?
creality just came out with a new model that was half the price but Still the build volume isnt really the size that i prefer; and if that input-shaping on the XL ever happens…

regarding the XL Input Shaping…
i found a Prusa Forum:
" Prusa XL Input Shaper - when?

I thought that when talking about the upcoming alpha Input Shaper, Prusa was basically referring to both the MK4 and XL at the same time. Has Prusa said anything that I missed about when it might be appearing on the XL? Even as an alpha it’s making a huge speed difference on my MK4 prints."

dated 05/06/2023; author “darksharpie”; this post is the most recent under this topic;
have you heard anything more recent ? before i order i wish to ask the manufacturer which firmware version is being shipped

you might be right, i was printing almost always ( PLA) at lower temps than you suggest

Between work and basement flood I have not done anything with it. Once the pre order was converted to an order it was 3 days. The pre order was ages. I appreciate that Prusa no matter the pressures would not ship a half baked printer. I don’t have first hand knowledge but they run them in the farm and have for over a year. I suspect they will have most of the bugs sorted. The same for input shaping we will not see it until it is ready. It will take as long as it takes.

Try running way higher temps on the V400.

as much as i want that XL i think i might change direction; i think prusa has completely screwed up their marketing on this model (“deliver in the first half of 2024 for new orders”; WHAT ! and no reasonable shipping cost estimate ( thailand));
with all that i think i will go with the creality k1 max, it isnt exactly what i want but it has input shaping and is half the cost, we have them locally there in thailand from reputable dealer , so i can have it in 2-3 days;
i will likely also buy a replacement assembly for the v400 and use that printer until it dies again, after number 3 death, that’s it for that model; garbage time

I get that. To me the input shaping isn’t really very important. At least for me. How much it adds is questionable. My v400 runs fine it is crazy fast but the print quality at speed is not great. When it is slow input shaping doesn’t add as much.

I am very facilitated with the load sensor. I have visions of putting carbon fiber cloth down on the bed. Running calibration on that then starting a print, stopping flipping it re calibrating and completing the print.

Printers able to feed long strand CF are far too much money for me. It is possible that the xl will be able to make very tough reinforces prints. I know early on there was talk of printing upon cloth but o don’t know if any are doing it.

I hope the Creality works for you. Personally the printers they make have lots of need to tinkering at that point it is almost easier to build a voron or rat rig.

How is the printer? Did you get it yet?

I am finally got around to assembling the XL. It is fantastic. The first layer always correct is kinda magical after all the foolishness I have been though with warped glass beds. I had a question for tech support about moving one ½ of the filament sensor and got a fast and very good reply, took 20 mins. I agree they hav been behind the 8 ball on the XL. It feels like they rushed it out but it feels very mature and very well designed and built. The nozzle swap is unbelievably simple.

Anyway I hope you are having a better time with the Creality.

A

i will be shelving the creality k1 max; it just isnt very reliable and the print quality outside of vase mode isnt good; i attribute both of those faults to the creality print slicer as some professional reviewers porting other slicer-derivations to the crealty machine report that the printer itself isnt the issue;

i could tinker with some of the third party profiles for k1 max thru cura and prusa but i just received an e-mail promo from flsun about their new upcoming s1 model; not much detail other than to suggest november 23 as the date; no pricing or other details;

i do like the delta model style particularly the taller Z axis support and i am sure they will add power-out support with the new model, maybe make the filament-out sensor feed system better ( i now bypass that );

so if they price the new s1 intelligently ( as imo they did with the V400 ) factoring in current competition ( prusa XL i am thinking ) and they dont employ that horrid pre-sale-and-wait-forever model then i will jump at it;

i was thinking of adding another v400 now that flsun finally added decent accessory support for that model but maybe no need on that now ( meaning their pre-sale email campaign for the s1 is working )

Would you please share your profile for prusa that you were working on? I think this would really help people who really don’t want to use Cura!

So this is all coming from having some issues with printing… Maybe someone can chime in and help me figure this out.

On this sphere that I am printing, it almost looks like it it isn’t printing the layers evenly. When going back over the previous area (in a circle), it lightly grinds over the previous layer. Almost like it either has wrong data on the layer slice, or that the extruder isn’t working 100%.

I am getting some rather strange quality issues (seams) on my prints. I have tried the following steps to fix it without success:

-Troubleshooting-
Different STL files
With and without raft / supports
Tried lower speeds
Changed flow rate to 85%
Changed heat range from 210 - 215 - 220 (using PLA)
Tried different brands of filament
calibrated z axis multiple times
bought accelerometer and calibrated
checked belt tension (tried 3 different settings using the 3d printed belt tool)
changed firmare (updated to 1.4)
tried fine tuning during print for z-axis

well i finally put the v400 to rest; effector assembly number 3 just failed, this time with stuck filament;
i can again take the effector apart but i know what i will find and it cant be fixed other than buying another replacement;
and that is no way to proceed with this hobby when there are other good options out there;
so good riddance; i will throw it in the corner pending transit to the junkyard;
i will continue to play around with the creality k1 max altho it has been a disappointment so far;
i have tried orca with it but there remains some setting that defeats most prints ( i suspect it is something in acceleration and/or jerk )

@Vexden of course. I’m on a ferry at the moment but I will send an DM later today. My 400 got push aside I have been running my Prusa xl lately and to be honest it is so well tuned and works so well the 400 is just sitting.

@vernd I get that I have not had massive issues with the 400 but it is not quite there either. The xl is so very popular I saw some in stock a week ago but that lasted a couple of days. It seems everything is that way lately, for sale out of stock.

Creality relies on the user to develop the printers. They release before they are ready and then wait for the community to solve the issues and they they take the best solutions and integrate them in a new model. Personally I object to that model, copying others work then taking advantage of the community the exists because of the poor RandD is sad.

1 Like

hmmmm, so the XL sells Not on that horrid presale-and-wait model sometimes ? perhaps if they can keep up their production capacity and sell on a have-in-stock-can-ship-immediately basis i will order one;
as far as the V400 i couldnt get the nozzle off so i had to do heart surgery on the effector tool assembly; it is in parts now; my plan is to take an old heater block ( from another discarded and replaced effector ) and insert a new nozzle and insert it properly into the rest of the assembly;
note on the creality K1 max, as my v400 is down my only option is the K1 max; so out of necessity i finally used the cura interface , created a profile for a custom printer , inserted the proper start and end gcode and activated it ; it now works great ; but note that the machine level settings ( especially the start end end gcode blocks ) override the cura model setitngs; e.g., the start temp in the start gcode was set at 220, my model setting was 230, the print actually used the 220, so i had to go back into the start gcode and set it to 226; not 230 as the extruder hot end overheats initially and then settles back down to the spec after a bit ; the models are now printing much better using the cura-generated gcode body