Glass plate inked surface damage

Have an Eryone ER-20 with a ink printed glass bed, nce printer but had print lifting changed nozzle and bed temps no go. Used a glue stick print wouldn’t lift waited untill room temp used a spatula print lifted inked surface from glass. This happen to anyone and if so how do I lift a print without damagng this glass or my replacement?
Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve damaged a few textured glass beds in my time lol. I’ve tried glue stick and a few other things as a adhesion barrier with no success.
Glass, me and PETG don’t get along… There’s more to this lol

I have had some success on really stuck prints by putting them in the fridge to cool (after they come down to room temp). They tend to pop off when they get cold, but it doesn’t always work.

I’ve recently swapped to a PEX flexible build plate (Wham Bam one), the flexible build plate lets me take off prints regardless of their temp or adhesion level.
If you have to replace the glass anyways, I might recommend looking at a flex plate or similar alternative.

1 Like

I’m actually surprised they would print on a glass plate at all. Serious question: are you sure the printing wasn’t supposed to go face-down?

Any way that you print on glass, it’s going to add an additional layer and image of which will be transferred to the print (assuming the ink stays on the glass).

1 Like

I agree, Wham bam system is a great add on, but on almost every piece of glass I have there is some Elmer’s purple glue on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the response.
The supplied inked plate has the Eryone name up so I think that is right. The opposite side is smooth. The prints lifted so I used Elmer’s purple glue stick. Let the prints cool used a spatula as the print would not release. Ended up lifting the plate finish. The next prints I did with same glue stuck came off earier when cold but print from plate transfered to bottom of plate. No big deal but an aggravation. Am contacting Eryone about the plate and will be trying the freezer trick. Any other suggestions are welcome and I will respond with results Thank you.

1 Like