How to identify nozzle size?

Five out of my 6 printers have .6 nozzles on them. My little Ender 2 is the only one with a .4.
You can print stronger parts and save time printing with a .6 nozzle.
Instead of printing 3 perimeters with a .4, you only need to print 2 perimeters with a .6.

Printed with a .6 nozzle, no sanding, just prime and airbrush.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing these photos. They’re super helpful.

I’ve copyied/pasted your post into text file if useful tips that I keep. Thanks a lot for posting it!

Very cool! So .4 would be better suited for detail then? Is there any value in smaller ones?

Well, presumably better detail. I haven’t tried smaller ones yet, so I can’t speak from experience, but I did ahd a .8mm nozzle on once and tried to print a 2-color key tag that had text. The text came out terrible until I swapped back to a .4mm nozzle. Part of that had to do with Cura’s slicing. It it’s told it’s working with a larger nozzle it won’t even try to print details smaller than that. There were portions of text completely missing. Presumably that applies to details I could be missing by printing with 0.4 vs. 0.2, but I don’t generally do anything that requires that much detail so I wouldn’t notice anyway.