I have a question for our community members/readers

@tundra-mountain yes I agree with you completely on both 3DP and Creality. I have been emailing with Creality for almost 2 months about their Creality 2.0 Box that runs their camera and allows you to run and monitor a printer from their cloud app. I found an issue that if you send a gcode with the G29 bed levelling it repeats the bed levelling 3 times before it starts to print. It took a long while for them to accept that it was their issue and not on my end. They are now in the process of creating a firmware upgrade for the Box 2.0 and said they would release it by the end of March. So hereā€™s hoping they cleared that issue. So for now I donā€™t put a G29 in the code and just manually do an auto levelling before I print if required.

@Jason

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.

I donā€™t dislike Creality as a company, Iā€™ve never really heard anybody complain about their products (with the exception of the Sonic Pad) and when I look at what you get for your dollar compared to other printers and parts, they are reasonably good values.

As for your ā€œKlipper partsā€ concept - thatā€™s starts with a Raspberry Pi 4B with power supply and two SD Cards (one for the rPi and one for the userā€™s printer controller) if you want more, there are a lot of displays you can add to the Raspberry Pi that work well with KlipperScreen as well as case designs you can 3D print. Personally, Iā€™ve taken off the user interfaces on my printers and just use the local web page as it provides a much better interface for the printer and I can access it either at a PC or my phone.

The unfortunate aspect of the ā€œKlipper partsā€ scheme is that, while the Raspberry Pi 4B situation is still somewhat dire, it costs as much as the Sonic Pad and maybe $100 more if you want to add a large touch screen display. It will be interesting to see what happens towards the end of this year when the rPi supply catches up and we will see the ā€œKlipper partsā€ scheme starting at $100 CAD.

Again, I donā€™t know your business I apologize if Iā€™m very out of line on the subject.

Hey Myke

Believe me, wholeheartedly I appreciate the responses. I enjoy a little banter like anyone. On a personal note, I really like the creality equipment, but, sometimes I just scratch my head and go ā€œwhy would you do thatā€.

I also do not run a multi-million dollar company soā€¦there is that. I donā€™t have all the answers I also like the different points of view as presented.

Please donā€™t apologize, you were not out of line. I really do like the feedback, it does give me a chance to explain. If you donā€™t mind though I would like to make a small request If you donā€™t mind. Within the forum, we are starting to get some good solid Google hits on posted answers and issues. I just donā€™t want our ranking to be affected when We mix topics. If a different issue comes up within a thread I would like to just ask that we can pull it to a different thread and try to keep the thread to the current topic. Believe me, I really donā€™t care if we start 100 threads a day I just want to keep the content pertinent to the topic as presented. As well as that just so you all are away, I appreciate every one of you.

I like the change in topics sometimes it keeps me on my toes.

I do agree with the Raspberry Pi issue, it does not seem to be getting any easier to find at this point and itā€™s kinda driving me nuts. I have a bunch of stuff I want to do and the Pis are such an easy platform to work off of. I think in a way it affected the production of the sonic pad because, in someoneā€™s mind, I eliminated the need for the Pi altogether.

1 Like

No problem moving the discussion to another thread - go ahead.

Pi alternative: BTT CB1 w/ PI4B adapter - $51.57. I currently have CB1 w/ Manta M8P running Klipper. I am very pleased though, I donā€™t believe you can power the CB1 separately from the Mainboard in my current setup, so I use the RPi from another printer to remotely power on the M8P w/ CB1 through a TP-link plug.

Located in the interior of BC. Found this forum when shopping on the 3dprinting Canada website - glad to have Canadian made filament.

A repository of slicer settings would be helpful for some people.

I would be very interested in a detailed description on the types of filament sold in the store.
For example the Matter3d performance pla is best for x type of projects, has a higher heat resistance than average pla of 85c can be annealed etc.

1 Like

Hello ā€¦ Iā€™m located jst a short distance in Burlington, Ontario ā€¦ I found the site when Googling for Printing Supplies and found the Forum on the Webpage.
I would appreciate any info for Diagnostics and Tips Etc.

Take Care

1 Like

Hey Mike My name is Mike and I live north of Barrie. What are the odds. LOL

1 Like

Hello Jason. Iā€™m at Bass lake south west of Orillia. When I first got into this addiction (one of the first cr-10s) I was buying filement on line from everywhere.
Got a nice role of experimental pc from France. I finally decided to stick to one source and that was you guys. Very satisfied with the quality and service.
The forum has been helpful many times such as better settings, great tips, and advice from very knowledgeable people.
Now Iā€™ve been away for a while and trying to catch up on the latest and greatest.
Being an old fart itā€™s tough. Most of the suggestions by the members are good .
The forum is great as is but I see your point on growing it in new directions.
Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

1 Like

thanks, everyone, I do enjoy the comments on this thread, and glad to see that we are adding value to the community with some ideas I want to start implementing.

You will start to see the Cheatsheets rolling out slowly in a short while. After that, I will work on the Filament recommendations. If you have any other ref material you feel would be a value feel free to let me know and I will put it on my to-do list as well.