Initial Launch Rewards: First 50 users in the Member Introductions - Winners Announced!

I buy ones and twos all the time from the places I mention. I just bought some Thomson bearings that will arrive tomorrow from CB only 2 pieces. Some places are trade only but BDI and CB have parts counters you can walk up to and just ask for what you want and even take tap/debit heh.

Actually if you have part numbers sometimes even NAPA can work in a pinch. The problem with those places is the counter staff only know how to find things by make model and year but if you give them an actual part number sometimes they can find it.

1 Like

A quick glance at the BDI site and thier prices are rediculous.

Might be. Not sure what your looking at. Last thing I bought from there was L050 lovejoy couplings and hey were pretty cheap compared to CB. But I could have bought knock offs from them too for half that still.

I am assuming CB is Canadian Bearings!?

Site is terrible and not likely I will drive 9+ hours to pick up bearings.

hrm, Guess it depends where you are located I have contacts for the part all across the country (used to do field service so had to get creative) That does seem expensive though, I’ll check in a few minutes when I’m back in the shop. I think I paid 80 or so for 1" ID ones with one wiper and 2 seals. I’d call and get a discount, I’ve never ordered these kinds of parts from a web site. Looks like a list price to me. I’m in Nova Scotia now and there is not much choice for parts counter service here either but I can usually get parts in a day via courier. usually, if they tell me a price and it’s out of line (it does happen) I point it out. Also Metyric size from a western company is usually going to be more expensive in some cases so try a Japanese brand … maybe THK , I use their linear rail and have never had trouble with them and I know they make ball bushiungs too.

Congratulations everyone!

Figures, I get a coupon code but have to wait until I get back from my seven month deployment at sea before I can enjoy it! :neutral_face: :smile: :laughing:

There’s a footlocker sized 3d printer market if I ever saw one heh

1 Like

Yep, no room on a frigate for my 5 Pro!

Is there a machine shop on board? Seems like spares storage c could be cut way back if at least all the plastic stuff could be printed. Maybe you only need to store 3 of a part that you have to have before leaving port and print them to replace shelf stock instead of leaving port with 25 of them.

thank you. I appreciate it.