microSD extender cable issues?

20 to 25 years ago they shipped to Canada, then for some reason and there have been a lot of different answers as to “why” over the years, they quit unless you where a “preexisting commercial company”. I have a friend that had a US based credit card and a US shipping address and when they found out he lived in Canada they quit shipping to him, even if it was to his US address. Maybe they do ship here now or you find a work around, I don’t know and don’t care. Life is to short to be screwed with by them.

kharrisma, don’t give up yet. This type of thread shows up occasionally but a lot less than most sites. It keeps things interesting. It’s all about the witty repartee.

I did a temporary “fix” that was a bit more permanent, but kept my card from dropping down into the main housing.

I used a GEL Glue and started a buildup of the gab between the actual female receptacle and the main housing, using layers of the glue to build up to close the GAP between the two. I had no more problems plugging in that tiny little chip, but I did order an extension cable. I haven’t been back to the 3D Printer long enough to see how that extension is really working.

It is a shame that the company did not use the larger body that comes with many miniature SD cards for an often handled device. I know, I know - space requirements, however it seems that the ENGINEERS were asleep on this one and never bothered to actually do a Engineering Model to make sure that things worked - and maybe never tried the systems that they built like this.