Nozzle Cleaning

soak means to bring the nozzle to heat and then let it sit there for a while ensuring that it has “soaked” to the same temperature all the way through. (kind of like a sponge needs a little while to get completely full with water)
tried posting last night but didnt send

1 Like

The only time I have ever needed to clean the nozzle was after it had some looseness in the filament path. After any part came loose and created a small gap for melted filament to enter into, I had the filament then stuck for the next print. It would no longer move forward. I recognized this as the source of the problem, loosened all hot end parts in the filament path and pushed them tight against each other, then made them tight as I dared too without over tightening them. Flawless printing ever since.

Please hot your Nozzle temp up to 240℃ and then use the thin Needle to plugin it

Hey, yeah I work here at 3D Printing Canada, we are aware of the issue and are working as fast as we can to get it solved! Thanks for bringing it to my attention though!

For doing your z-offset I generally use a piece of A4 paper that is folded in half, I have always found that this ends up working better for me. You will not have to redo the z-offset if you are going to be using a smaller layer height as this will not affect your z-offset calibration. The gcode will just move your nozzle 0.1mm further down.

For re-calibration of your z-offset you got it bang on! I usually advise a re-do if you change your nozzle (Or anything else about your hotend) or if you move the printer. Other than that I will only ever re-do it if I notice the printer starts printing incorrectly.

Personally I adjust my z-offset at the beginning of every print if it is needed, I use 3 skirts that way I have lots of time to adjust it. But this can also depend on your printer, I have a couple of printers that require constant adjustments, and I have some printers that I rarely have to adjust.

Hopefully this helps answer your question!

Thanks,
Matthew