Ordering a mystery filament?

Thats what i was trying to get to. :slight_smile:

just looked at todays cakeday thing, happy birthday jason!

1 Like

Happy cakeday @Jason :smiley:

1 Like

LOL, thanks guys, Its my 1 year anniversary on the forum. My Bday is not till May :slight_smile:

Ehh, its the same thing on reddit. Your cake day is your registration day. :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t realise so many people joined in Februaryā€¦and many of them I havenā€™t even heard of. Itā€™s a pity thereā€™s a pandemic on. We should have had a community get-together at the store. EDIT: (some weekend in February, that is).

1 Like

that would be awesome, I vote BBQ ;o

3 Likes

Hey! some of us are in Nova Scotia, itā€™s a long way for a barbeque, But just so everyone knows Swoop flies Halifax to Hamilton for cheapā€¦ so we can be met with the 3DPC shuttle bus when we arrive.

3 Likes

I just double checked when i joined, and yupp, it was the beginning of February.

What got me into this forum was 1 it was a local shop, and 2 the gift cards.

We could do a east coat bbq! Iā€™m in.

2 Likes

@kitedemon Take us for a cruise on one of those boats you built!

2 Likes

Haha! A little small generally it would need to be one at a time! I really regret getting rid of my proa I could have taken a couple on her. She was a very very fast girl, and if you wiggled the wrong way she would tip you out. I kinda stopped playing with boats and started playing with Kites.

2 Likes

Been dreaming of a boat since I started looking at this view regularly.

2 Likes

I hear ya, got into a side project last summer never put a line in the water, Gotta change that this summer, My boat is getting lonely

2 Likes

So whatā€™s stopping you from visiting us?

2 Likes

LOL me from ages ago. broken tail bone, broken ribs (4), broken toes (lots), torn ligaments, broken tail bone, broken vertebrae (C6/7) broken tail bone. 78.8 KM/h top speed average three runs from dead stop, the beach is barely 1 km long. I tinkered with big kites (up to 19 m2) for around ten years until I broke my neck. Fear I discovered fear and have been back a few times but there is less adrenaline and more caution. Iā€™m getting older and donā€™t heal as quickly.

Al; the talk has made me very nostalgic and I want to go back out again.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a cool buggy. wasnā€™t there a wait! no! thatā€™s too fast! lever?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing, I think I would almost give that a try.

2 Likes

It is a way faster learning curve than kite surfing. I generally can get someone cruising fairly reliably in an afternoon. The buggy is inherently understood its a tricycle with no peddles. You sit down and can use it instantly. Then it is figuring how to fly the kite. The only complication is turns. done. They are efficient because acceleration in a car is limited by traction of wheels to ground. A kite pull the buggy traction is a different equation power is direct and fast it is inertia that is the initial limit.

Its why I could manage from a stop to under 80km slow down and turn and return getting back up to almost 80 km three times averaging 78km on a beach that has rocks at the end of a 1 km run. I donā€™t think a regular car could manage that.

2 Likes