Standard pla odd print issue

I would agree, It looks like the mini lines Cura creates to produce an arc.

Try to just modify the Maximum resolution, It’s is under “Mesh Fixes”
Its default is .25 Change it to something drastic like .5 and reslice without changing anything else and see if it changes, If it does you know it’s just a slice issue and not a ring.

I’m printing 4 tests today…

1.prusa slicer - stock settings
2.prusa slicer - max resolution .5
3.cura - stock
4.cura - max resolution .5

have you tried slowing the speed down? eliminate variables, speed is connected to ringing, if you print very slow and it goes away it is vibrations somewhere if it doesn’t something else.

have you spoken to Prusa?

1 Like

this is the results from my test. literally all the exact same and looks great. Maybe its just this eryone galaxy silver pla hiding the ‘ringing’. Bad filament to test with?

Yes I did contact prusa this morning just a few minutes ago. They had me do a belt test on the printer. The results from the test should be 240-300, 275 being optimal. my belt was at 215! Lower number meaning the belt is too tight and higher number for too loose…so I went to loosen the bolt needed to adjust the tightness of the belt and i turned the bolt 2 turns and it fell out. They suggest i take apart the x axis and reinstall the x axis/belt. (this is a pre-built mk3s+ by the way, not a kit)

Interesting, I have often wondered if the pre builds were consistent. I assembled mine. I am extremely fussy I figured I would not be satisfied unless I checked everything on a pre built.

I think every filament kinda shows things differently. There is also a tuning moment. I personally print a lot of practical prints and run the machine fairly fast and accept artifacts (60+ mm/s) If I want good quality surfaces I print slowly, (45mm/s or slower) I like Matte filament it hides better than shiny ones silks seem to be the most difficult.

What ‘quality setting’ are you using? (0.07 ultra detail, 0.2 speed and so on?) this effects the surface quality a lot. Judging from what you are seeing it really feels like a speed thing. Are you using 0.2 speed?

1 Like

I am using 0.2 layer height (0.2 quality). pretty much stock prusaslicer settings and with the speed at 40mm/s.
The birdhouse bodies (3dpc standard dark blue and flashforge orange, neither matte just ‘regular’ pla) were 0.3 layer height with same settings.

I think you are asking a lot of the printer. If surface quality matters a lot try .15 quality or .10 detail settings. It is always a balance between speed and quality. It is a balance between what you will accept against how long you will wait.

1 Like