Summary sheet for each printer - Suggestions please?

My idea is to create a pin at the top of each forum for each printer, Just a place to fill in all printer-specific information. Below is my suggestion for a skeleton of the form. Please let me know what you would like to see in it. Eventually, this will morph into a quick list of replacement parts but I want to get the framework laid out first. Please let me know what I’m missing or if there is something else you want to see.

Example of what I am thinking using an Ender 3/Pro as an example;

• Main Board - 8 Bit - V1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4
  • Print volume; 220 x 220 x 250mm
  • Filament Drive System - Bowden tube
  • Filament Drive system - Single friction pinion w/bearing
  • Stepper motor - Filament drive - Nema 17, 40mm
  • Motion system - X-Axis - Roller V-Wheels with Belt Drive
  • Stepper motor X-Axis - Nema 17, 34mm
  • Motion system - Y-Axis - Roller V-Wheels with Belt Drive
  • Stepper motor - Y-Axis - Nema 17, 34mm
  • Motion system - Z-Axis - 2 start Leadscrew with Brass Nut
  • Stepper motor - Z-Axis - Nema 17, 34mm
  • Hot end Type - Creality MK8, standard MK8 parts apply
  • Nozzle: Single 0.4mm
  • Nozzle Type - MK8
  • Thermistor Type - standard Creality PT100 glass bead
  • Heater cartridge type - standard Creality 24 Volt 40 Watt heater cartridge
  • Silicone Sock - Factory-installed
  • Factory BLtouch - No
  • Filament: 1.75mm
  • Heated bed temperature: 110℃
  • Factory Bed print surface - Tempered Glass, Texture on one side
  • Max. print speed: 180 mm/s
  • Layer resolution: 0.1 – 0.4mm (100-400 microns)
  • Connectivity: micro SD card reader, USB Mini A
  • LCD screen: Yes (RepRap style with twist knob)
  • Print precision: +/- 0.1mm
  • Number of Power supplies - 1
  • Voltage of Printer - 24 Volt
  • Power Supply - Meanwell LRS- 350
  • Extrusion type - 2020, 2040 and 4040, 20 series V slot
  • Packing type: Unassembled kit

Ender 3 Pro isn’t it 235 x 235

Isn’t this kind of a moving target? The parts the printer companies use seems to be quite variable and so many versions heh. I feel like this is going to be like trying to nail jello to a tree

2 Likes

I like this idea, especially to help create a QRS for what components work seamlessly and what ones have different upgradability, when dealing with stock printers.

1 Like

it’s kind of what I was going for, A general parts list, If I have to break out ender 3, ender 3 pro and the V2 I’m good with that. Generally speaking, I’m trying to create a resource for everyone that if you are looking for or have a question about a specific part it’s in a location that is easily accessible.

I hear a lot of questions from people especially about new machines, like what kind of hot end is in a 6SE or what power supply is in an ender 6. Single repository information is the biggest goal.

1 Like

I like the idea as well. I can see it getting really complicated quickly. The sidewinder X1 has 4 versions. Most things are the exact same but maybe not all.

I have a suggestion. Rather than a pinned post or something. Perhaps a pdf repository with each printer and version specs. The pinned post is just a list of available downloads.

Hi Kite

Thanks for the suggestion, that may actually keep it cleaner.

Jason H

1 Like

BTT

Any other suggestions of what you want to have included in such a summary document?

Jason H

Hey Jason,
That seems like a good list. The only thing I can see missing is what type of hot end, like the sidewinder was a volcano copy with a slightly smaller heat block. Smooth heat break.

Thanks @kitedemon

Suggestion added