Thought experiment - or maybe opinion I guess

I am not going to add more, but please do not be little a teens death with jokes. It is in bad taste and offensive. It has little to no cost to alter firmware and post ‘please update’ on social media platforms. They didn’t bother, waited months and a person died in a fire. For the amount of time it takes to change one line of firmware and put a new version on a web site.

It is tragic, and needless, there is no excuse, they were told and public videos were posted previously. I am very sorry for his friends and family. It is a needless and pointless death over less money than a hamburger. I also feel sorry for every person killed in a Pinto. It is not something to be proud of, it is not some badge of honor or right of passage. It is just tragic.

Another challenge for 3D is the fast development of the technologies. If you make a product with mature technology chances are real to be as reliable as a toaster,

Having said this there are those wonderful forum members who consider themselves experts and so they feel they have the right to have their own opinion sometimes disclosed as joles, sometimes offensive. I remember a couple of years ago applying earlier knowledge in certain technologies I did wonder why there was no focus on faster controllers used in the motherboards and a higher voltage to feed the stepper motors so they can run faster. Today I would add that the aluminum profiles used in the frame elements of a printer should have the opportunity to use stiffer variants as this is important when printing gets faster.

I remember I did purchase a 48VDC power supply and the TMC5160hv that are speced for up to 60VDC. Finally after a long time BTT has in their offering the Octopus Pro that allows to use such higher voltage.

Hi @Hellmut1956

Welcome to the forum, Glad to see you.

Love to see new members join us almost daily, Thanks to everyone, new and old alike.

Jason