Whats the latgest print youve started or done?

Im trying out printing a mandolorian helmet and its 43mb, 966 grams (about 30% is support) and 5 days 11 hours. Its done 8 hours so far, but this will be my biggest single print yet.

I had inital issues getting it started due to a bad sd slot on my MB, but have worked around it with a card extender. Hopefully it works out. If i print 2 of these it pays for a new MB on it :smiley:

Prior to my issues, posted to this forum, the longest print I’ve ever done was 3 days. I was printing many RC wing sections at the same time. They turned out really nice. I use those card extenders and they been good to me. A Mandalorian helmet would be very cool!! Love helmets of all kinds. I hope your helmet turns out well. Nothing worse than getting close to the end and WHAM it but when it succeeds the accomplishment is rewarding. Let us know how it turned out.

2 Likes

I was building a novelty PC case, the longest print for that was a 7 day 1 hour print, that was a good week :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like that your 5 day print uses almost one spool up, I love when you can juuuust make a big print with a full 1kg spool ahahaha.

1 Like

I’m jealous! I have plans on a few long large prints for the big bed of the sidewinder. It sadly has other plans, on occasion it has a crazy error, it completely stops and resets home to the far corner and starts toprint from there. I know I should mess with the firmware to try to fix it but too much time and money. It is still in a time out. Making small fast prints. I ended up paying for someone to print the big long prints for me… while I was rebuilding it the first time.

The upshot it is unreliable and long prints will likely fail in a spectacular way. I just won’t do them waste of time filament and frustration.

2 Likes

2 large prints.
Battle Droid 6 feet tall, over 400hrs
Lord of Darkness 39" tall, also around 400hrs.

3 Likes

65cm tall rocket - all in one piece! Only took 2 hours to print though!

2 Likes

I printed a paper towel hanger for camping. I also printer an extension for a railing planter for plants with deeper roots. Cookie cutters for my sister out of a food safe pla.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Rocket, I don’t know everything about it but it took 29hrs

1 Like

I’m printing the top lid for the OpenRC F1 car. I added some logos on it for a total of 3 colors. The colors made such a simple print 1 day, 1 hour, and 48 minutes long using the MMU2S. I haven’t dialed in the purge volumes 100% yet and still getting bleeding which is disappointing. Almost half done now with no interventions, so very happy with that.

4 Likes

I dream of one day doing a multi-colour print like that. For now I’m stuck with the layer method.

2 Likes

The largest print I have ever done is a 300x300x300 mm print on my Zortrax m300.

1 Like

Thats big alright. what was it? How long did it take?

1 Like