3D Printed Food: All You Need to Know in 2021

Generally speaking, 3D printed food is a meal prepared through an automated additive process. While this definition can be quite abstract (and it is), think of those pizza vending machines that surfaced back in 2015. The dough is prepared, extruded, topped with tomato sauce and cheese, and finally sent to the oven – all within the same machine. This process, in a way, can be considered a primitive 3D printing food process.

Fast forward to 2020 and we have exclusive 3D printing restaurants and dozens of food printers available on the market. This rapid growth in both technology and public interest has lead many to claim that, soon enough, every household kitchen will be equipped with its own food 3D printer.

In reality, 3D printed food is still in its infancy and has a long way to go before seeing a broader adoption from professionals and consumers. However, this doesn’t stop us from marveling at these fascinating machines and their intriguing edible designs.

2f28cbd33912d923065a9a3879e518af

2 Likes

I have some crackers for that!

1 Like

cookie

On the topic of 3D printed food, here’s a neat video on how this guy turned his 3D printer into a cookie icing / PB&J making machine:

I could watch that thing ice cookies all day :yum::cookie:

3 Likes

Wow, I have those crackers!

1 Like