Add a Direct Drive + CR Touch + Micro Swiss Extruder

For those of you woundering how to go about this hereโ€™s a video showing the process that I did to add these features to my standard Ender 3 V2.

For the printer I designed, I came up with my own fan/BL Touch Mount as I found (as discussed) that I thought the Creality fan mount was poor and it made it awkward to mount a BL Touch.

Rather than the centrifugal 4010 tip fan that came with the Creality fan shroud, it uses a 5015 fan with a DIY nozzle. Iโ€™m still experimenting (Iโ€™ve done four nozzles so far and Iโ€™m not really satisfied with any of them).

But the fan/BL touch mount works really well.

I can put it up on Thingiverse if anybodyโ€™s interested.

It should be printed in ABS or PETG and I recommend 100% fill.

1 Like

I like the fact that you maintained the knob for feeding the Filament through. Itโ€™s one of the features that I currently miss on mine. The CR Touch which is Crealitieโ€™s version of the BL touch has the adapters which makes it easier to mount, but I do believe others may benefit from your version because your design seems easier to modify afterwards. Having everything more open is good for repairability, which is a great feature to have.

Iโ€™m actually looking forwards to perhaps trying out the version that Micro Swiss makes, since itโ€™s all metal and has a similar design.

1 Like