Anyone use 3DPC Value PLA?

The Value PLA I used was a bit finicky at first but eventually printed very well. There was a lot of difference between colors (Silver, Blue, Black), they each needed fine tuning to get reliable prints. The Value PLA seemed to deteriorate more quickly and became quite brittle in a shorter-than-average time; I guess I didn’t use it up fast enough. Since you are looking to buy 4.5 kg I can only assume you are planning to use it up quickly which should be fine. The final printed items have held up well.

It seems strange that some people have little trouble with the value brand and more trouble with the name brands and some , including myself, had some trouble with the value brand and no trouble with the name brands (Sakata was good, Eurosilk is great). My only reason for not using the value filament is that I like the PLA PRO/PLUS variants because they are more flexible. If you look at the customer reviews on Amazon there is always about a 30% complaint rate on filaments regardless of the brand. Maybe it is the way the people are doing the printing that is the problem and not necessarily the filament?

I know that some people are always tuning there printer for different filaments or even colours, I don’t. I print everything at the same settings and so far it has always worked OK, occasional minor faults like ringing. My inferior Ender 3V2 can eat just about anything and spit out good prints.

personally, on my setup, I use profiles for the filament in 3 categories, Light, (white, Light yellow or pastels), Dark (Dark blue, Black, or Green) and filled (any filament with an additive like CF, glow in the dark, Metals, glitter)

I always know my darks will be 5-10 deg hotter than my lights, and my filled will always get printed on a .6 nozzle unless I am doing something odd.

Interesting! Are there any other differences in your profiles between the lights and darks? Do you assume a black PLA is a black PLA regardless of manufacturer or do you set up a material profile specifically for each filament?

Generally speaking, Different manufacturers will have different settings unless their settings are exactly like another.

Anytime I get a new roll I print the first 10 Grams in a temp tower, It tells me all I need to know about the filament.

I know our 3D max and our euro silk print at the same temps and cooling so I use the same profile for both.

Yeah that’s pretty much what I do too but it seemed like you were saying that you skip that step. Thanks for clarifying.

No problem, Sometimes I get a case of typing :poop:, Feel free to call me out anytime I get sidetracked