Auto Leveling blues

Gosh, I’m having a heck of a time figuring out how to get adjustments to stick.
It would be great to level the bed once, then save the settings until further adjustment is required.
Right now, every print goes through the five minute ABL malarkey and requires a different adjustment each time.
Please end the madness, tell me what I’m doing wrong.
I’m using Cura 4.8, PETG, 0.8 tip, if any of that is relevant.

In the firmware do you have the mesh being saved?

It is common to do ABL before a print. You can edit the firmware to just read the mesh, and not do ABL. I would suggest adding the manual command to a button. Then you can run all at any time you wish.

What adjustment do you need to make with the ABL?

You shouldn’t need to do so.

You might wish to look at either serious editing the ABL part of the firmware or replacing it with someone else.

I don’t really follow you on all your points, but I do know the 6 firmware is not marlin or the awesome stuff I had on my BQB1.
I have seen guys replacing the screen and housing to install Marlin on their 6, but that seems like an insultingly expensive and time-consuming fix for a 700 dollar machine.

You could try setting your Z level offset through pronterface with a m851 z-? Then m500 to save

Thanks PJ. Hope all is well with the family.
So instead of hooking up the printer, because you can’t, you just put the SD in the computer to change stuff?
Also, any word on those BQB1 parts?

Nothing yet on bq parts

Also try using pronterface to hook up to printer

But where one the ender 6 do I hook up?

Unfortunately you have to open up the bottom panel and put usb extension coming out the back