Bed spring upgrade

I am a newb looking at upgrading the bed springs of my Neptune 2D. However I can’t seem to locate any designed specifically for this model. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Sean

1 Like

try the “orange” Creality ones. have em on my ender 5 ender 3 and pursa clone.

2 Likes

Why do you need to upgrade the springs? Many new printers spent a crazy amount of time changing a printer with out really understandin the printer and its quirks. The issue is the more mods and farther away from stock the more issues and the harder help is to get. my advise is print a few KG first before changing anything then change the things that are an issue for YOU. Not some random internet person thinks you should change.

2 Likes

That makes a TON of sense to me actually. Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

Thank you! I wasn’t sure if the parts are interchangeable like that. Good to know for the future

1 Like

kite that has to be quantified.

I agree with you about melting some filament, that was the first advice I received and it was the best advice I could have gotten. As a new user to 3D printing you should expect problems and you need to learn about your machines quirks. What works and what doesn’t and what will drive you to drink.

I don’t know anything about a Neptune 20, the stock springs might be more then adequate or not but on other machines especially the Ender 3 series I would definitely replace the springs immediately. They are inherently weak and cause bed levelling problems, replacement springs are dirt cheap so why not. After that there are some things that should be changed (Capricorn tubing for one) over time and some mods that make using an Ender and other machines a nicer experience but are not absolutely necessary. This may be the same with the Neptune 20.

What are the dimensions of the stock springs and a picture of the machine would be nice.

1 Like

These mostly use die springs from what I’ve seen. if you have the diameter length and colour you should be able to get them from Grainger, Fasenall, Brafasco in Ontario, or whatever mill supply is closest. Or even bearing suppliers like Canadian Bearing or BDI. You have to know what you want though before you go to these places. the counter reps that knew what they were doing are all gone now.

2 Likes