Blank switch plaque for car

When I got my car I was always annoyed that there was a blank spot where the switches for the heated seats would normally go if I had them.

I thought I might be able to use the area like a change pocket or similar, but it is not deep enough to actually hold anything in place while driving…

So I finally filled it with a 3D print, now I’m far less annoyed looking at the useless blank slot!
Test version 1 fits well, now to figure out and make a better designed, prettier version!

Maybe one with a picture of a sandwich on it… Hmmm…

5 Likes

Nice

I just read where Fords new Maverick compact truck is going to have T slots everywhere and they will release the specs so people can print their own interior fittings. I have an older Escape and it has a couple of dovetails I could print things for

1 Like

T-slots everywhere sounds like my kind of heaven :heart_eyes::drooling_face:

I would love a custom printed adapter in my trunk to hold my work boots in place to stop them flying about. Hmmm…

Says…
“FITS (Ford Integrated Tether System) is a versatile integrated mounting system that allows rear-seat passengers to choose between available gadgets like cupholders, a storage/trash bin, a cord organizer, a double hook for grocery bags and purses and under-seat storage dividers. Ford says more FITS slot creations are in development and plans on open-sourcing the geometry so people can 3D-print DIY solutions to integrate with the FITS system for their specific needs.”

Last Maverick I drove had an all metal dash and a solid steering column.

all I want for fathers day is an idea of how to secure my fishing rods in the bed of my pickup so I stop breaking tips off them…

1 Like

When I lived up north for a bit all the cool kids had a custom rod holders mounted in the beds of their trucks somehow.
I bet you can come up with a better design than these :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

umm, I think the second one is gonna be close to what I’m gonna do. Has to fit under the tonneau cover and share space with my tools. My rods go with me everywhere. :slight_smile:

1 Like