Breaks apart easily

did you check to be certain the hot end doesn’t have a blockage? You would have noticed under extrusion before otherwise.

If its a stock machine 93 is correct,

If you have a micro swiss direct drive on it should have an e-step of about 140. The Duel gear drive on the micro swiss or similar does throw off the e-steps.

your math looks correct so it would stand to reason that you have a duel gear direct drive on it, from manufacture or upgraded.

I know sometimes I’m annoying about checking the basics ( and I’m sorry to everyone about that) but its easier to eliminate the easy stuff first.

I agree with @kitedemon that we can check that next I just want to confirm what’s on it first.

It can also just as easily be a clogged nozzle or the like but want to confirm what the hardware is first.

To me the filament looks like it flowed out smoothly when I did test.

It has a micro switch dual drive on it from an upgrade l got done.

then yes your e-steps are wrong, The microswiss DD should be in the 140 range e-step.

I would run a calibration cube now, (about 30 mins) update your e-steps using the M92 command and print another cube, Post the pics of both and lets have a look.

I hope you get it sorted. I thought you had made a print that was fine then it suddenly was not. That is most likely to be a clog.

Here are the cubes. The one on the right is e step 134 and the one on left is 93

the ones on the right are defiantly better, I am not seeing the wall separation on the ones on the right either.

Little more tweaking of your settings but I think you have it.

The major question is are you seeing an improvement?

I think they look under still. Its hard to tell. I am posting two images of a print I just made. One is top and the other is the bottom. (the print is only 2 mm tall.) Ignore the dust bunnies. This is a print at 0.28 layers with a 0.4 nose they are a bit crude. This is what you are looking for. Smooth and filled in. The Z of your cute looks under to me from the image.

Yes l see an improvement. What else can I do?

at this point I would just recommend running through the calibration process for your printer, out of the box they will print 90%, you can get it much closer to 97 or 98%, It’s just going to take time.

I recommend following Michaels calibration page he has created. He has a youtube video to follow along with when you are doing the calibration.

His calibration page is located here
https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html

The youtube video is located here:

Hope this helps
Jason

1 Like

OK l will do this. Thank you for your help. You’ve been very helpful.

no problem, anytime.