Brim on One Model?

Does anybody know how to simultaneously print a brim on one model in Cura, but only a skirt on the other?..

Bob

I believe you should be able to add a modifier to the object in order to specify that it prints with a brim. It has been a while since I have used cura extensively so I can’t tell you exactly how this is done.

I found a plug-in for Cura that does what I need…

https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/plugins/5axes/TabPlus

Here is the website describing how it works…

To put a brim under one model in Cura, first make sure you load them as separate models!.. Click on the model, and you will get another icon in the left menu for this plug-in… Click on it to open the menu, which looks like this…

The Size is the diameter, the X/Y Distance is how far the first layer is from your print (I used 0.1mm), and I only used 1 layer for my Brim… I used the “Define as Capsule”, which has a raised edge for easier removal… I did not click the “Set on Adhesion Area” box, as that puts several tabs surrounding the model instead of creating a single one… To get a single Brim, enter a Size greater than the largest dimension of your model, and click on the middle of your model to add it… It centers on where you click…

Bob

1 Like

Great, thanks for sharing!