CR20 levelling the bed

I own a Reality CR20 printer, and I’ve noticed that the bed is just slightly unloved. When I do my first layer, I notice that the top right hand corner is higher than the other three points, because the layer is always very faint in this area.

How to I lower that corner just slightly? Do I do it with the software and the dial controls, or do I have to physically lower that corner by adjusting the mounting posts?

Please reply, thanks.

Jeff

1 Like

I think I would try printing a first layer test print with a bunch of squares. I have one that has 15.
That should give you an idea if the bed gradually goes out of level or if it’s just that one point.
If it gradually goes out then you could try modifying the standoffs. On my cr20 I ordered in a pack of super thin shims to get it physically more level.

Once you get to really small differences it is better to fine tune with the printer settings because you’ll start chasing yourself in circles with shimming. You might be starting with a small difference to begin with so it might just be better to correct it with settings instead of shimming.

You could also entertain the idea of replacing the standoffs with leveling knobs and springs like on the ender.

1 Like

I would agree with Blair, Leveling the bed is difficult on the 20s. Usually, If I have one here that isn’t good, I will shim it off the stands until I can get it close.

1. As a retired toolmaker,

2. Not knowing the equipment design or tolerances

3. All l can suggest is borrow a quality machinist level, shim or adjust leveling
    screws

4. Another thought would be to mount an indicator to the nozzle apparatus,
    program Z to same hgt over both axis. A surface plate would be very
    desirable to place 1, 2, 3 blocks with parallels to reach over the bed. Record
    findings the check the bed in the same loci.

I realize 90% or more of the hobby 3D folks won’t have those items collecting.
    dust anywhere. Buuuut, one or two may have a bud who messes w mills n
    lathes who could assist in checking the printer’s accuracy.

As a green as well watered grass first time poster, l have the same questions.
    re accuracy of movement on all axis. What can i expect for tolerance when
    printing, allowing for hgt of nozzle over last bead, temps, feed rates, material.
    and on and on.

Let the fun begin…
    My motto concerning hobbies, if it ain’t fun, why do it?! Tom out

1 Like