Crappy extrusion with the CR6-SE?

So Sinister Gaming, on You tube, mentions he changed the cheapo plastic rextruder on his CR6-SE with the Mark 8 metal extruder which works even though it’s for an Ender 3. Anyonee here tried this? I am sorely tempted to fork out 15$ for this.

1 Like

Consider it an absolute must. I realise plastic extruders make a printer a few dollars cheaper to make, but with the crappy user experience they inevitably lead to, I’m left wondering why Creality would risk it’s reputation on saving a few bucks.

You can help 3DPC clear some shelf space by visiting their and getting one on clearance.

Note that there are left-hand and right-hand versions. It’s really an ergonomic choice. In my case, since I sit in front of the printer and the extruder is on the right-hand side, it’s easiest for me to use the right-hand variant.

1 Like

I replaced the extruder bowden tube one on my monoprice. It was dead easy as it sits on top of the stepper so all the mounting holes are universal. I used an MK8 one. It was a bit fiddly to get the tension correct but once done it has been fine ever since. The crumby plastic one it came with broke twice before I switched.

1 Like