Creality Ender 3 Side Spool Holder Mount

Reddit user nicaqueous has designed this is a neat side spool holder mount for the Creality Ender 3.

Download the model here: Side spool mount (no extra bolts required)(Ender 3 V2) by nicaqs - Thingiverse

1 Like

Neat, thanks for sharing! Is there any advantage to having the filament feed in from the side like this, or is it more of an aesthetic/printer height thing?

It is less restrictive on the filament path which is always a benefit for feeding the machine easier.

I like it a lot as well and can’t wait to see it installed on users machines!

I’m using a similar side mount and I quite like it. I appreciate, aesthetically, that the printer isn’t as tall. I like that the a 1kg wobbling (when it spins and retracts) weight isn’t at the top of my printer, and I find that for the types of things I print, the filament path is far more direct into my extruder without also having a big long line of exposed filament being pushed around.

This mount is not for Ender3 Pro. I have print it and installed it on my printer and my printer has lifted up from the left side. I have 40x40 mm standard aluminum extrusions and this has not fitted well and I think same is the case with other Ender3 series, the machine is now no longer horizontal as if someone has jacked up the car to remove the tire.