Creality Halot Mage

Hi everyone, I got to do some messing around with the display unit of the new Creality Halot Mage. I ended up with some very impressive results, this is quite a nice machine! And the price is crazy! Here is a picture of a xenomorph model that was printed using it, the supports were really easy to remove and the model is immaculate.

I would say that on a scale of 1-10 the stair stepping is about a 3-4 in terms of severity, it is noticable if you look for it but ultimately the model came out quite smooth! I was quite impressed by the smoothness of the head, it feels like it has been sanded down.

I am definitely looking forward to using this machine in the future, and I will definitely have to buy one to take home with me (can’t save all the fun for work :rofl: )

If you are curious to check it out we do have them up on our website: Creality Halot Mage (228x128x230mm) – 3D Printing Canada

Happy printing, I know I am right now!
Matthew

2 Likes

Hey there what is the Z: Offset supposed to be on this machine? I have not had anything stick to the build plate yet., :frowning:

Hey there,

Usually resin machines do not use any sort of z-offset. What is most likely in this situation is that your build plate is not properly levelled, I had quite the time with this when I got my first resin machine as well. But luckily once you get it you shouldn’t have to change it!

I will leave a link to a really good YouTube video detailing how to properly do this below, hopefully that helps you!

Thanks,
Matthew

My build plate is level. When I print nothing is on the bottom of the build plate when it ascends.

On the bottom of the vat are nine paper thin Resin objects that are supposed to be my models. I adjusted some settings and they made no difference whatsoever to the print.

I would try raising your bottom exposure time, most likely it is not set high enough and is not curing properly. What resin are you using and what is your bottom layer time currently set to?