Creality Print ( and switching to Cura )

this experience is based on about 50 jobs over the past month or so;
i used Creality Print as the slicer as it already had a print profile for the k1 max and cura and prusa slicer didnt ( orca does);
i didnt find Creality Print at all worthy; some settings ( maybe jerk and/or acceleration ?) kept creating artifacts and other flaws in the prints; sometimes the prints wouldnt even complete;
i was at the point of shelving the printer ( and using my flsun v400 as my number 1 ) but when the V400 went down with a filament stuck and i had trouble repairing it, then i again tried the K1 max;
this time i went into cura and generated a new printer and profiles for the K1 max; they use specific start and end gcode as well as the standard bed size changes;
now the gcode generated via cura (with the printer and profile set to k1 max) print just fine;
gone are the quality issues that i was having with creality;
so i recommend leaving creality print on the shelf;
note: the “machine settings” at the printer level override cura slicer settings, at least the extruder hot end temp did, my first attemt was setting that temp at 220 in the start gcode and then 230 in cura; But the printer was using 220;
so i went back and altered the start gcode to be 226; i was getting an error about exceeding extruder temp when using 230 in the start gcode so i backed off a little; it appears somewhere there is a hard limit (due to the specific material being used ?) and that extruder hot end usually heats just a bit above what you specify before backing off and down to the amount specified;

note: if you wish to switch to cura just do google search on k1 max + cura and you will find a couple articles ( one authored by creality) on the steps required

Creality slicer is basically a knock off of Cura only at a lower version. Creality is always a few releases or more behind Cura.

Here is a good article for K1 settings for Cura.

1 Like

i sincerely appreciate that/your input; that article helped, i was always leery of how to go about getting the right acceleration settings and that article pinpointed that; saved me a lot of headache;
i was turning off acceleration control before i read that article; now on and (PLA) set at 12000

1 Like