Creality Sonic Pad power button not latching

Morning everyone,
New member, but been printing at home for 7 years and at work for 5.
Have a Creality Sonic Pad driving my home farm, but ran into an issue this morning.
Bought it on February 6th last year, so all of 8 days out of warranty, of course. Emailed Creality anyway because I’ve heard they can be pretty good, but they’re on Chinese New Year break until February 17th.
So I tried to cycle the power this morning, but I can no longer get the power to stay on. As long as I’m holding the button in, things progress but as soon as I let go… power-off. The satisfying “cha-chink” when I press the button, presumably a mechanical latch engaging, is no longer happening.
Anyone know if this is something that can be easily user serviced? Without a Sonic Pad, I’m going to have to reinstall the base firmware on my printers - not a prospect I’m looking forward to.

You would need a new button for it. They are generally pretty easy to get ahold of, although I don’t know the exact model of button they are using.

Once you have this you would need to unsolder the old one and solder the new one back on.

Matt

Thanks Matthew. I was afraid of that. I have the ability to do it, but it’s not something I really want to do. Guess I’ll be relying on a piece of tape until I hear from Creality!

1 Like

Hopefully they can give you some good news! Let me know how it goes.

You could also print a small piece the size of the hole which will help to hold the button into place as well.