Cura - Pause At Height for a Filament Change

One Minute: 43 Seconds

1 Like

I have been trying (without success) for several days to get two colours on a print using the pause at height and the change filament post processing plugin. In both cases the printer stops, moves to the specified coordinates and the hot end goes to the specified temperature while the bed temperature remains constant. however try as I may I can not get the printer to start again. I have spent a significant amount of time on you tube watching everyone else be successful but it doesn’t work for me! When the printer was first purchased there was a change filament option that worked but when the printer (CrealityCR10S Pro) was upgraded to a BL touch (which is amazing compared to the original sensor) and the firmware was upgraded that option disappeared. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to find a g code reader and learn to modify g code to make this work? If that is the answer I need suggestions on resources (I have got the wiki g code article on my favorites). Any help would be appreciated.

Me again. I should have told you all that I am using Cura 4.11.0 as my slicer.

I use Prusa slicer and when I am ready to resume I just select the resume from the control panel.

Are you using a Creality CR 10S Pro? Are you using Firmware Version 2.0.6_DW7 TM3D SSMD. Before I upgraded my machine to the BL touch which included a firmware upgrade I think there used to be a change filament option that came up on my screen. Now that option isn’t there, also I know the slicer is including the code as I have looked on the code reader. However after I change the filament the screen doesn’t offer me an option to resume. So I am assuming that either the filament sensor (the light does go off and come back on when I change filament) is at fault or there is something not right with my firmware. Any help would be appreciated. Also I will download the Pursa slicer and try it. I have tried both the filament change option and the pause at height option.

Thanks for the reply

No, I use a Prusa MK3S+, Monoprice, Sidewinder X1. It works on all of them I can only assume ut will on Crealitys.

I downloaded the Prusa and went through all of the steps and my printer reacts in exactly the same way. So I am back to the starting point again. However I have learned something through this exercise and will continue to plug away until I find the right answer. Thanks for your input it has been an interesting journey and will continue to be.

1 Like

The menue resume didn’t work?

1 Like

I have a cr10s pro, with the bltouch mod. I havent tried doing a filament change on it yet, but im suspecting its a firmware thing. I havent compiled my own for jt yet, but that is on the list so i can sort out all its features.

Otherwise i dont really have much to add to help. But i too am interested in if anything helps :slight_smile:

the lcd screen displays nothing but the change filament message. the touch screen displays change filament yes no. pressing on the yes display produces no response. It seems to me that it recognizes the g code to stop but there is no way to move to the next step. If I press the no display the machine starts to heat up but once temperature parameters are reached it returns to the change filament screen. I have tried everything and have resorted to contacting 3DPrinting Canada to try and resolve this issue.

1 Like

Dr. Marvin - When I find the solution I will let you know. Hopefully you won’t have the problem when you try!

1 Like

That is very odd. That must be a firm ware issue. Mine is basically all automatic once the new filament is finished it only asks if the colour change is correct. Both the sidewinder and prusa, The monoprice is a bit different but not much. Resume starts it.

When things are set right, id assume a slicer issue, but i have a feeling its a firmware issue. Im mot sure of my printers exatl firmware version, but i have a simmilar one, and think it has a few things that dont work as intended. But i havent tried all the tricks with it yet.

Hello all, I have the Ender 3 S1 Pro and my solution to resume is to act like you are changing the nozzle temperature. Hit the onscreen nozzle temperature icon like you are going to change temperature, then go back to home screen and the continue printing play button will be available. Let me know if this works for you