Dave and artillery madness

Hi to all,
I have an artillery sidewinder x1. Factory reset and still v76 stored values window.
Any suggestions?
Dave

Hi @Dave

Welcome to the forum, Glad you found us.

Just looking for a little clarification. I am not quite sure what you mean by the v76 stored value?

Is it something you are seeing on a screen? or a value in Firmware?

Perhaps you could post a pic of what you are seeing, I am sure we can get it figured out.

Hi Jason,
Thanks for reaching out. The v76 code shows up on the screen. I can only confirm and not reject. After which a”processor busy please wait” appears and it will stay until power is reset.
Dave

sounds like a bad burn on the firmware, or maybe lost the loader.

Have you tried reflashing or does it ignore the bin file?

Hi Jason
I have flashe the heck out of it every flash says successful.
Dave

interesting, Let’s try this, Ignore the screen for a moment, If you have a USB cable and a PC available let’s connect to it directly.

You will need to install a piece of software called Pronterface.
It’s basically a control interface without the screen.

First when you connect to it you will see a bunch of info similar to this if the firmware is installed correctly.

Connecting…
start
Printer is now online.
echo: External Reset
Marlin Ver 1.70.0 BL
echo: Last Updated: 2019-07-29 | Author: CR-10 Max
echo:Compiled: Aug 5 2019
echo: Free Memory: 1464 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
echo:V41 stored settings retrieved (526 bytes; crc 535)
echo: G21 ; Units in mm
echo: M149 C ; Units in Celsius
echo:Filament settings: Disabled
echo: M200 D1.75
echo: M200 D0
echo:Steps per unit:
echo: M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z400.00 E140.00
echo:Maximum feedrates (units/s):
echo: M203 X500.00 Y500.00 Z10.00 E50.00
echo:Maximum Acceleration (units/s2):
echo: M201 X500 Y500 Z100 E5000
echo:Acceleration (units/s2): P<print_accel> R<retract_accel> T<travel_accel>
echo: M204 P500.00 R1000.00 T500.00
echo:Advanced: S<min_feedrate> T<min_travel_feedrate> B<min_segment_time_ms> X<max_xy_jerk> Z<max_z_jerk> E<max_e_jerk>
echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X8.00 Y8.00 Z0.40 E5.00
echo:Home offset:
echo: M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.00
echo:Auto Bed Leveling:
echo: M420 S0 Z0.00
echo:PID settings:
echo: M301 P30.86 I3.10 D75.84
echo:Z-Probe Offset (mm):
echo: M851 Z-2.40
echo:SD card ok
Init power off infomation.
size:
init valid:

It really just gives you a bunch of basic firmware information about the printer. If you are able to paste that information here let us have a look at it. Although you are getting a “successful” message I would just like to see if there is valid data being uploaded.

After you have the output from there try a movement, I am going to home the printer from pronterface next. From the console on Pronterface you can enter Gcode commands the same as you could from any other screen.

From there type in G28 and let us know if the printer homes or does anything different at all?

Hi Jason, Here’s what I have.

I hope this helps.
Dave

Hi Dave sorry I missed your reply

You can adjust the sections of pronterface left and right to make it a little easier to read for you.

Did the G28 home your printer as it should have?

Jason

Hi Jason,
It does not. Instead it does a little shimmy and then says v76 stored values.
Dave

ahh, gotcha, It does look like there is no firmware, Somewhere the entry string on the firmware is being pulled as it’s displaying the date and author of the Firmware but none of the data.

It does look like unfortunately the 32-bit equivalent of the boot loader is lost. You may be able to find a way to reboot it but for the amount of time you will have to invest to do it, May be easier to just replace the board. I say that a little tongue in cheek because I would probably spend 10 hrs to save $20. It is the nature of our hobby.

At this point, I would call it for all intents and purposes a dead mainboard.

Hi Jason,
I ordered the tft board by mistake($50.00).
It appears that the main board is not available.
Can you please recommend someone else?
Dave

HI Dave

If it was me, I would go with a BTT, Mini E3 for an add-on lite printer, SKR 1.4 if you wanted to be able to add stuff like NEO lighting or other options.

If you want to go a little out of the box and stretch a bit, you could put Klipper firmware on it or stay with Vanella Marlin.