Desicant pack alternative PSA

As an alternative to large desiccant packs there are dehumidifier containers, for the lack of a better term, that are available from most discount, dollar stores and grocery stores. I don’t know how they work but they really do. The “pack” has some white beads on the top layer and an area for water to collect underneath them. I store my filament in a large plastic sealed-ish bin with one of these dehumidifiers in it and after about two months there is a noticeable amount of water collected in it. Best of all they are readily available and cheap.

If you already know about these then just ignore this.

I can’t picture what this is. Can you post an image of one? I’m curious. And tired of silica gel spills I still find beads all over the place after months.

These are not desiccant but dehumidifiers but in this situation I don’t know what the difference would be. Mine now has .25"/6mm in it after a couple of months. Once it is full I assume you dump it out and replace it with a new one. The plastic box I keep my filaments in is not fully sealed but it does stop air transfer well enough.

Boy, posting pics on this forum is a joy to do compared to most of them.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll have to pick one up and see what it is and how it works.