Design Spotlight: Exploring the Tiny A1 Mini and AMS Lite Kit Card of the Week

The A1 Mini 3D print [Source: MakerWorld]

This week’s selection is the Tiny A1 Mini and AMS Lite Kit Card by MakerWorld contributor jaayjeee.

You’ve heard about 3D printers being used to 3D print 3D printers, the goal of the RepRap project. RepRap designs are indeed 3D printable, for the most part. However, there is the matter of producing the electronics and metal elements, which at this point can’t be done.

It’s not yet possible to literally 3D print a working 3D printer.

However, the next best thing is definitely within reach: you can print a replica of a 3D printer.

That’s exactly what jaayjeee did here. He designed an accurate miniature 3D model of a Bambu Lab A1 Mini desktop 3D printer.

jaayjeee explains:

“This is my rendition of a Tiny A1 Mini in the form of a Kit Card you can build yourself.

The A1 Mini is probably my favorite printer so far because it was the first affordable, prints-out-of-the-box that can also do multi-color. For me, it fits 99% of what I design, and I find myself using it more than our P1Ps.”

This model, once put together, precisely matches the highly sought-after A1 Mini 3D printer.

The term ‘assembled’ is crucial in this context. The 3D model comes as a “kit card”. What does that signify? It denotes that the models are supplied in a manner akin to a commercial injection moulded model, i.e., a part card connected to sprues.

As seen above, some of the cards included in this model. The components are well-marked, making them easy to spot. This makes it simple to bundle the prints into a kit and give them as a present to a child eager to own their own “3D printer”.

Please note, the images previously included in this blog post have been removed to maintain web page consistency and accessibility.

This is an interesting approach to 3D model distribution, and I’m hoping more designers use this method.

Via MakerWorld

Original source

Read More: Design Spotlight: Exploring the Tiny A1 Mini and AMS Lite Kit Card of the Week - 3D Printing News