Dungeons and Dragons!

3D printing D&D miniatures covers what you’d think, but there can be much more to it! Learn all there is to know about D&D 3D prints.

I don’t play much D&D but we do play a bunch of board games, a 3D printed dice tower makes some games much cleaner and easier to play!

Here’s a fairly big one I printed for a friend to sit as a permanent feature on his gaming table. It’s since been painted.

But aside from D&D it’s really nice to be able to print replacement board game pieces (looking at you Risk & Monopoly).

I’ve been meaning to print some dice in a coloured transparent resin to add to the collection.

3 Likes

That is a sweet dice tower.
Love to see the painted version.

2 Likes

Thats badass! How long did that take to print?

1 Like

giving my gaming group some towers this christmas. The Gringots bank version is in progress.

3 Likes

Those are awesome towers!! I love the glooks of Gringots so far.

1 Like

I’ve only got a couple shots of painting in progress, but all the parts were coated separate, then some fake vines were also added going up the tower. The water at the bottom is a nasty green to look like swamp water, a clear epoxy coating was added on top of it.

I

3 Likes

Just under a week, it’s just under half a meter tall overall. I did use two printers at once to speed things along a bit, a cr10 for the bigger base and a Ender 3 for the smaller sections and the internal stairs.

Luckily I only had one failure along the way!

I got the gringots’ on Thingiverse

The others are by Kim Bourrie in her two Kickstarters called Fates end and Fates end 2.

I will also print a dragon themed paint rack as my next X-mass gift project. Will upload when done.

Did you design your tower or is it a download?

had many issues with my Cthulhu toower.
Problems with slicer settings and with my printer. 3 fails and 1 success. 26 hour job for the complete tower.

Using 6mm nozzle, 2mm quality, 40mm speed, 10% infill with 2 infill line multipliers. Very strong and faster than 25% infill

1 Like

These are all so cool! Well done guys, glad im not the only “nerd” here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Cthulhu tower looks like a epic feat on a FDM printer! So many overhangs and odd shapes.
My first thought was “huh, that would look cool in clear resin”, just looks so complex for FDM ahaha.

1 Like

That looks awesome!!!