Ender 3 V2 Neo Xaxis Not Working

Hello all,

I have an Ender 3 v2 neo and the hotend does not move anymore along the xaxis. I have tried resetting the motors, by unplugging and plugging them back in, I have tried changing the x-limit switch and have tried reinstalling the firmware. The occasionally the x a is will work for a short period, then either just stop, while homing or autolevelling, or make a loud grinding noise.

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe this may be a duplicate post but I just asked in the other one if you could describe the problem so I will take it here instead.

First Just want to make you aware, that Anytime you unplug or plug in a stepper motor the printer must be turned off. If you see a loose wire, unplug it first and then fix the wire, then power it back up or you will run the very real risk of blowing a stepper driver which is not covered under warranty.

Now that I have that out of the way When the X-axis stops moving does it tend to happen at a predictable location, Meaning in the middle of the gantry or towards the left side or the right side?

Are you attempting to heat anything at the time or are your nozzle and bed currently at temp?
With the printer powered off can you SLOWLY move the nozzle to the full extent left to right without feeling a “tight” spot on the axis?
Have you gotten successful prints from this printer before? If so does the same thing happen if you try to run the same Gcode file as before?

1 Like

Have you checked the motor cable is still good? The easiest way to do that is to swap the cable with one from a motor that’s working. If the problem follows the cable, it’s time to buy a new cable.

1 Like

Thank you Jason and VagabondElf for your inputs. I received a call from the technician who also believes that it is the cable, and has sent me a new one, so I will try that and repost once that is complete.

Awsome thanks for letting us know. Keep us updated

I received a new cable for the x-axis from 3D printing canada and now it works fine. Thank you for the suggestions.

That’s awsome @cmmayer thanks for letting us know, Glad you got it straightened out.