Ender 3 V2 Replacement Motherboard

I need to replace the motherboard on my Ender 3 V2 and just ordered the BigTreeTech SKR MINI E3 v2.0 32 Bit Control Board from 3D Printing Canada. Then somebody told me that that board won’t work with the stock Ender 3 V2 display. Can anyone confirm that that is true, and if it is, what display do I need to replace the original one with?

Hi BriBur

Welcome to the forum.

I believe that is correct (although I have not tested it personally. I know the original Ender 3 screen will work just fine with the SKR mini E3. You also have the option of using the TFT screens from BTT as well but the original ender screen would prolly be cheaper.

Hope this helps
Jason H

to me their stock board is doing a good job unless you fry the board.

There was an issue with a large batch of V2 4.2.2 boards that were over heating and causing massive layer shifts. Most people were able to get a replacement 4.2.7 board from Creality, or the original supplier if they suffered this issue, myself included. I’ve been waiting for what seems like an eternity for the board to show up. I issued my complaint on Jan 26, few emails with proof etc of issue. It left China on a plane on Jan 30. It’s no where to be found.
Called Canada Post, “we can only see what you see on the site”. I guess it’s the slowest plane in history though as it still isn’t showing as being received in Canada.

I wish I had just purchased a “better” board from a supplier. I miss the sound of the fans.

Can you please share the pictures how it looks like?

How what looks like?

that layer shifting due to board issue

Here are several links related to the issue, all of which I submitted with my warranty claim and images of my problem.