Ender 3v2 Z motor noise

Hi everyone I have an ender 3v2 that I’ve owned for 4 years my father bought one during covid the same as the one I have w both upgraded our z to dual and his is running quietly but mine the two motors are loud. I have replaced both motors as well both lead screws and brass nuts and still getting the same results. I’m at a point where I’m ready to replace the whole printer with one of the newer enders.

If your printer has the Creality < V1.1 board, it has the A4988 stepper drivers. They are really loud. You can try replacing it with a Creality 4.2.7 silent board or going directly to an Ender-3 V3 SE or KE.

Hi thanks for getting back to me I opened up the panel to check out the main board it’s the 4.2.2 board and on the SD card slot it has an A in black sharpie it’s a great printer just trying to figure out why my z axis motors are loud. I’m thinking that my brass lead nuts are not good as I squared my frame and the lead screws aren’t bent.

It could be due to the lead screw touching the motor axis, transmitting the motor’s vibration to the gantry. To fix this, you can loosen the motor coupler, raise the lead screw by 1 or 2 mm, and then tighten the coupler again.

I replaced the board with the 4.2.7 I do want to replace the lead screws and brass nuts. I removed them from my printer to check and see how they move and they don’t move freely down the rod I also noticed that when putting the lead screw back on that the one would go down at an angle instead of straight. I’m hoping to pick up some new ones at 3d printing at the end of the month. I also did grab a big tree tech board but I couldn’t figure out how to get mriscoc to work properly and gave up on it.