ENDER 5+ getting "wrinkles" rough top to print

Hi everyone, I am having an issue with my 5+ that I’ve been unable to problem solve thus far.
It seems to print very well until the top layer. I am getting a rough/ almost wrinkled surface in places on the top of the print.

Its a new role of PETG (has been happening with previous prints with other rolls also)
All metal microswiss direct drive
Printing at 230 (of note until a few weeks ago it was printing beautifully at this temp so i dont’ think the temp is the issue)
Bed 60
Infill 30%
I have tightened the eccentric nuts on all the axises and they seem good now. I’m just unsure where to go next?
Thanks!

Looks like extreme ringing. When I have a print like that I usually start to drink to get past the thoughts of suicide.

If it’s multiple rolls, Multiple slices then the problem would have to be mechanical.

First I would do is reduce speed on the same print and see if that changes, If the indicators change then you are 100% on the right path, Check for loose mounts, bad belts, Worn nozzle, Worn Vwheeels/Bearings, Check your nozzle mounts.

If all that tests are good go to the bed and check the same thing, Make sure your bed springs are under a good amount of tension after levelling the bed. most of the time this kinda problem on this printer is the bed is too high from the carriage and it “wobbles” when you are printing.

Hmm I would verify the first layer is spot on. It can cause problems during the whole print. It likely isn’t but to me it is the simplest and easier thing to start with.

My experiences this is likely multiple issues all working or compounding each other.

1 Like