Ender 5 horrible experience

Hello all, I am trying to get my ender 5 printing good which was purchased friday. Seems to have alot of extrusion issues, i was printing a benchy (only print like 3 items so far). When i was standing at my computer the printer started sparking from the frame under the bed. It went dead and is able to turn back on but i have no communication to the screen or my pc now. The system was pieced together from the store. So not sure what to do. update Went to go use my ender s1 and it also is dead, sonic pad has no connection and both printers bltouchs are red. so whatever happened on the 5 plus shorted my entire set up. Not very happy.

Having problems when you start out printing is normal, it is a learning curve.

Sparking is definitely bad, as in dead motherboard. I can’t see how one machine going bad would damage the other one. Did you have some sort of USB connection between them. If you bought it at a store them take it back.

Yea they both were connected to my sonic pad, I was able to flash my S1 to stock fireware and seems to be okay, the 5 plus doesnt want to take any fireware its just idle. The sonic pad is forsure dead.

You had both printers connected to the Sonic Pad?

It sounds like you had a current path between Ender 5, the Sonic Pad and maybe the S1- I presume the Sonic Pad was plugged in to a power adapter?

What modifications have you done to your printers? Have you changed any of the electrical components (namely power supplies and controllers)? Any unusual cabling?

This sounds like a safety issue that Creality should be made aware of - there’s no way enough current should pass through USB to kill two devices like this.

Yes both where connected via USB, S1 and 5+ are on a separate plug (its own breaker). The sonic was connected to normal house plug. I currently was able to reflash the S1 and i have printing right now via OEM screen. I have not personally done any mods to the 5+ I just bought it friday afternoon it was apparently the store demo.

AHH, the joy of 3D printing