Ender 5 plus/msng/Sonic pad

I purchased an Ender 5 plus assembled it put a Micro Swiss NG direct drive extruder(M3202). I also purchased the Sonic pad to run my Ender 5 plus. In the instructions to the micro Swiss ( The E-steps will need to be set to 400 in the printer settings ) but I cannot find it in the Sonic pad?

Hi @Kota1979

Welcome to the forum.

To setup the esteps I belive you will need to modify the config file before you generate the firmware.bin file for the printer.

I cannot say I have ever seen where to modify the esteps after burning.

This is what I found so far. But what would the rotation be for the micro Swiss?

https://www.klipper3d.org/Rotation_Distance.html

I would have to say to drop a message to micro swiss. Unless a Klipper expert on the forum may be able to shed light on this?

In Klipper, you set the rotation distance in the printer.cfg file.

I believe the correct Klipper value for the uSwiss NG is 8. You should start with that and then follow the Klipper instructions for fine tuning the distance.

https://www.klipper3d.org/Rotation_Distance.html#calibrating-rotation_distance-on-extruders

Personally, I run 100mm of filament rather than 50.

A little confused can you break that down for me

What is the state of your printer right now? Have you installed the NG? Have you started using the Sonic Pad?

Hi, I have an Ender 5 Plus using a silent motherboard and a Micro Swiss NG direct drive (M3202) and would like to use a Sonic pad to run it.
Unfortunately it no longer homes is the right position and calibration is off the plate!
It used to home in the centre of the glass plate but now does a double bounce at the limitors.
I have only bee 3D printing since last Xmas and really need help ( especially with the jargon!!) so I apologise if I’m not using the correct terminology.

What are you using as your printer.cfg?

There should be a basic one that you can start with, especially with the NG as I believe that the NG will have a different positioning offset to the original. Along with this, where and what is your Z axis end stop and where is it located?

hey @Jo0001 were you able to get the config file? I am suspecting the offsets should fix it up for you. Different firmware may home a different way then you are used to but will still work I am sure

Hi
Sorry for the delay.
I finally found the config file but have no idea how to show it to you but have attempted a dropbox link
(Dropbox - printer.zip - Simplify your life)
I have BLT

Where exactly is the BL Touch relative to your nozzle?

In your printer.cfg, you have it at 45mm (almost two inches) to the left of the nozzle:

[bltouch]
sensor_pin: ^PD3
control_pin: PB5
x_offset: -45
y_offset: 0
z_offset: 0
speed: 20
pin_up_touch_mode_reports_triggered: False

I would suggest trying to figure out the actual distance from the nozzle and try again.

Good luck!

Hi
It is 45mm to the left see photo
Ender 5 Plus BLT
I feel as though I’m fighting this pad every step of the way.
It’s now up and running but still looks as though it going to collide into things and only just stops in time.
I have calibrated the e-steps, updated the rotation drive and changed the gear ratio to 3:1.
Z offset seems to be 5mm which is outside normal range and it refuses to save at the setting I would like. Whenever something isn’t quite right it tells me it’s not connected rather than the real problem
eg. It won’t extrude 100mm because it’s “not connected” but it will do 50mm. It’s the same when trying to extrude at too low a temperature it says it’s not connected, once the temperature is right it will work.

I’m in the middle of printing a rabbit now that everything seems to have settled down and stopped telling me that the printer is not connected when it clearly is??

Rabbit1
Rabbit number 1
This was printed using Sunlu PETG translucent and I’ve no idea why it’s pale pink at the bottom! I been using this filament since the end of October and nothing else has a pale pink tinge. Before that I was using Sunlu PLA+ Sunny orange for halloween!!
The BLT still gets frighteningly close to parts of the printer, but I’ve learnt to live with that.
I’ve just realised that the pink is from felt tip pen used to mark of distances on the filament while roughly checking on the extrusion!

Ender 5 Plus, BLT Micro Swiss NG with Revo
This is what I’ve ended up with, for my Ender 5 Plus and Micro Swiss NG with Revo (M3302) I had to change the reduction ratio from 1:1 to 3:1 on customization and the rotation distance was 33.683 and is now 22.5 and I’ve printed one rabbit.
I also turned the console on and can use some codes!
Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.
This is on Creality Sonic Pad with update from 7/11/223 which now has the Ender 5 Plus on it