Ender v2 printing problems

I have just recently purchase the creality ender v2 and when I go to print something on it, but the object that I am printing won’t stay stuck to the heat bed and the nozzle will just drag it with the filament that is coming out. I got it to the tempature that is required for the filament of petg for both the nozzle and the bed but still no luck. so wondering if someone could help me with this mistake?

level your bed. for PETG, you need a full metal hotend.

Ok so do i remove the glass top off heat bed that comes with the printer

No… Full metal hotend means the part which melts the filament needs to be full metal and not PTFE lined. Ender 3 Micro Swiss all metal hot end - YouTube

Ok ill take a look thanks

You do not need a full metal hot end to print PETG, I do it all the time with great success. I think your hot end needs to be closer to the bed. Either that or the nozzle is to close.

PTFE will begin to pyrolyze at 220 degrees centigrade. It will begin off-gassing at significant amounts at 240. At 260, this process will have accelerated to the point where the structural integrity of your tubing will have been compromised. Most contemporary citations focus not on the physical decomposition of PTFE but on the health effects of byproducts used in its manufacture. However one major health risk is directly attributable to PTFE pyrolysis: Polymer fume fever.

Polymer fume fever, or colloquially “Teflon flu”, is a condition caused by overexposure to fumes (over the course of 4-8 hours) caused by the decomposition of PTFE. The advanced respiratory metabolism of birds make them particularly sensitive to polymer fumes, which leaves them at high risk of death in environments where such fumes are prevalent. Further reading is linked below

How do you know when your hot end or the nozzel is too close to the bed as i did level it up

Do the paper test, lots of videos on youtube. It is an intricate part of levelling your bed.

1 Like