I’ve been working on a filament dry box for my printing setup. I want to be able to switch filaments as quickly as possible, so I’ve got PTFE tubes for each filament long enough to go all the way to the extruder. No time wasted recoiling filament, no tangles, always dry filament, 10 different spools all set up for easy access.
The front row of filaments have been running for a few months. They have a series of filament rollers on the base of the weather tight container. It works okay, but since the plastic container is a bit flimsy, the rolls are not held perfectly upright. For the back row I switched to a threaded rod that holds bearings with printed roller guides. I’ve only got one spool on there so far, but it seems extremely stable. I’ll be switching the from row over soon too.