Filament is not sticking to the bed, what should I do?

Oh! I should mention that with the frog tape, place it on the diagonal rather that horizontally. Why? It helps reduce print warp/lifting if you are printing boxes or something. I printed a proton pack (yes from Ghostbusters) and it took a lot of trial and error to figure this out.

Masking tape or blue tap is one good try and other is glue but more for PETG i have no issue with most of the PLA i have used.

@Jason hD some trouble again and I measured the bed its definitely cooler around the edges but especially in the front.

This happened when I started this print and ABL was inexplicably turned off. I had to reboot because probing kept failing

After that I wanted to print these again and loaded the next job by accident, but you can see the 1st layer problems, I had to baby step lower it to get the layer to look ok but after a bit they started lifting too much, especially the front ones and I stopped it

Any tips?

It does look like the bed is cold to the front, is there any kind of cool breeze coming across the printer when you are printing? I would check the bed with a thermomoter in different areas, possible to bed may have lost a heat trace

yes front corners are somewhere around 10 ° cooler than the middle but I used an infra red thermometer and I don’t trust it other than to say, that thing is cooler than this thing. i’ll check it with probes next time the printers stopped. I was thinking of putting a scope on the power supply too, might be the source of these little issues and the cold bed if it’s too small and stretched too thin.

1 Like

Yeah, all of that and if I try to push my first layer speed to much, I get into adhesion problems

1 Like