Filament not extruding on new printer Ender 3V2

Hey there, just got my Ender 3 V2 yesterday and I’m struggling with printing anything.

I can feed my filament into the the tube, but I can’t get it to come out of the extruder. I tried one print where it did that test line but it didn’t complete the line and no other filament came out.

I already tried unplugging the tube (it was clogged, so I cleaned it) but even still nothing comes out. I’ve tried to find instructions on how to flush the filament but everything I’ve found has instructions directing me to screens I don’t have? (I think it’s meant for the original Ender 3)

I can’t hand feed it through the extruder either so I’m at a loss here. What are my next steps?

1 Like

Ugh, never mind me. I feel like an idiot.

I took the nozzle off. Nozzle (brand new out of the box already preassembled) was clogged. Took off the nozzle, fed the filament through and screwed the nozzle back on, prints like a charm.

I feel like a freaking idiot. I expect to have many more growing pains like this.

This is not the first time I’ve heard of a “brand new” printer being sold with a clogged nozzle. I’m guessing it was actually a “refurbished” returned item.

just keep in mind when you put a new Bowden tube in make sure the nozzle is already tight you need to heat seat the Bowden tube to the nozzle the best way to do that is to heat your printer up to 240 leave the push fitting at the top of the heat sink about a half turn loose slide the boat in tube in push it against the nozzle put your push fitting clip in and then tighten down the push fitting so it heat seat the tube to the nozzle make sure you follow this anytime you change a nozzle jams and heat creep are inevitable on boating tube to nozzle machines there are many upgrades out there to avoid these problems in the future if you have any more questions feel free to post on my comment

1 Like