FLSUN V400 Delta

flsun is sending me three nozzles; their customer service was quite ok;
i just wish they had a full V400 accessories page
And that they send an extra nozzle as part of the original purchase package

That is quite odd that they don’t send an extra nozzle with the printer, most companies do.

Good to hear that their service is ok and that they sent you some extras, maybe you should recommend a page just for v400 accessories to them.

Thanks,
Matthew

we get most of our purchases here in thailand from china, and they usually come with no or useless documentation; i bought this printer direct (online) from the manufacturer ( FLSUN) ;
here is a photo/image i hope you can help me with:
these came with the printer and i found out they are a heating rod (red) and thermistor;
what do i do with them ?
how to tell if one of them goes bad ? what behavior would i see ? just no heat ?
i presume they are under the heating plate …

Hey there,

Those will go on the hotend, you are correct that the red one is the heater and the white one is the thermistor. As far as I know those are just replacement parts and you won’t have to do anything with them.

If the thermistor were to go bad you would start to see very odd temperatures, like temperatures that are not physically possible for the printer to generate (these could be positive or negative temperatures too). The other thing that could and should happen in the case of a broken thermistor is that you will get errors when you try to heat it up (this can be caused by the heater too though).

If the heater cartridge breaks your printer will stop heating up, or it could start heating up as soon as you turn the printer on and not stop heating until you turn the printer off. A bad heater cartridge can also throw a thermal runaway error because the printer will be heating at an unexpected rate.

Hopefully that was helpful and made sense, if you have any more questions you can feel free to reach out!

Thanks,
Matthew

i received my 3 extra nozzles from FLSUN directly;
note in the composite image the contrast between the nozzle they sent (rightmost insert image) and the more classic CHT (left) ;
FLSUN said they “make their own”, pity they dont have a more formalized supply channel ( accessories page); also note the extra long throat, more threads, supposedly ( per tom’s hardware review, that extra length aids in fast heating ( and it does heat fast))

the FLSUN needs a high flow nozzle. It also uses the E3D Volcano type, that is the long one. My V400 came with a spare nozzle in the extra and tool bag. It isn’t quite the same as the CHT but close.

The real deal Bondtech CHT is not an insert type but single part. I have a couple. The nozzle you pictured (clone insert one) is a standard not a volcano.

You can use the non volcano High flow (multi tube type) with an adapter. I HIGHLY recommend Stefan’s. Original CNC Kitchen Volcano Adapter Version 2 – CNCKitchen

Yes it is expensive. Personally I don’t print much with brass nozzles I find they wear and start blobbing and stringing really quickly. I like hardened steel. Bondtech make a great one but the adapter means it is easier to find, exotic in exotic can be hard.

Volcano (back ordered the 0.4) Hardened steel tip.

Non volcano (needs the adapter)

I have a few of the clones from China, I have a clone adapter (non volcano spacer thing) I have Stefans adapter (the insert nuts are also exceptionally good) and real CHT.

I have tried all including the odd FLSUN version with 3 holes in a row. They all seem to work. I am not sure I see a difference with the adapter.

This might be interesting. I wonder if we will see hardened clones with this type of high flow.

And…
Revo version (Not compatible with FLsun with out a fair bit of tinkering.)

kitedemon: i appreciate the responses; seem right online;
among others it seems you wear a hat that says “all things nozzle”;
i havent graduated from PLA yet so perhaps the wear on my brass nozzle ( plus the three sent from FLSUN) isnt high and perhaps that nozzle will last a while;
but when i do graduate to more abrasive filaments then i will get that pricey sweden nozzle; i did see it is backordered (and pricey);
i note they have a brass (non bimetal) version that is roughly half the cost …

1 Like

Yes the Bimetal is about 2x the cost of the same CHT brass or coated. It is for you to decided what makes sense.

My decision was based in I wear nozzles really fast. I tend to print one brand or filament and one color almost all the time. When I get stringing increasing, blobs, surface things. I look at the nozzle typically I change it. My experience I wear a brass nose to where I notice it degrading in 1 KG or less. Color, additives (metal carbon, wood etc) all change wear. I find light colours wear faster than dark. Carbon, and glow are really bad.
I can run through 1 KG in a week or two. I started using Hardened nozzles when I realized I was using a nozzle a month in each of 4 printers or more.

Hardened steels have odd things in them selves. People tinker so much when the first get a printer, new things, different filaments, settings, slicers, mods… I think most are better off using the printer one filament and stock before changing things. All the changes don’t give an indication for what is doing what. Consistency for a long while then a single change and you know where you were and what that change did.

The heavier a nozzle the less it will change. If anyone made an aluminum nozzle it would heat really fast. (low thermal mass) but when the fan came on it would lose heat just as fast. Hardened steel takes a bit extra to heat up fully but also resists cooling as much. Brass is also really good at this a bit faster but reasonable.

I was changing nozzles 2 or 3 a week. It added up fast add my time … My go to Prusa, with an E3D Nozzle has been running for over a year. Yes it was $100 but I am certain it has saved its own cost.

It is up to you. My personal advice is use the FLsun stock nozzle for the next while. Then once you are confident and get consistent prints regularly then try a different brand if you want. You will have a better understanding of what it is doing for you when you know what you had.

1 Like

My FLsun is still new I am still running their name branded nozzles. I am planning to switch my Nozzle and adapter to see how that runs. I just am not confident I have the stock printer dialled in yet.

1 Like

continuing my experience with FLSUN directly…
i desire a V400 replacement effector assembly + heater block/hot-end;
their “V400 Accessories” page shows the effector but alas “Out Of Stock”;
i used their chat and typed “when will you restock the V400 effector assembly ?”;
they replied by sending me the page link to the V400 effector on the accessories page BUT it didnt say out-of-stock
!?
seems to work
But
i then asked whether that assembly included the heater block/hot-end ? they only replied by sending me the effector link again, not directly answering my question;
so i can only assume the block is Not included;
Note: i discovered an “FLSUN outlet page” on aliexpress; it seems better than the FLSUN site directly but still a bit un-polished

o the chat system seemed to infer that i could order via that chat OR go thru more established channels via the accessories page; their system seems a bit weak

1 Like

My best guess with the chat is that they are using some sort of chatbot to respond to messages. Sometimes if you type “Take me to a real person” it will connect you with a real support person.

You could also try emailing them and see if there is any further help that way, although just going through aliexpress could be a viable option.

Thanks,
Matthew

well my v400 is officially dead now; i never could get the hardened plastic above the nozzle that was surrounding the heater block and up into the effector assembly off; with that plastic where it was there was no way i could bed-level or bed-mesh because the snapon levelling extra “nozzle” doesnt have any place to snap on anymore;
so i heated the nozzle to 300 and just wanted the use a cleanser filamant to attempt the clean the nozzle and any other remnants of the disaster up; the old filament just gave about 6 blobs and then one ominous dark one ( the old filament was gold color and the new was white);
then i coudnt load or extrude any soft plastic;
in fact i couldnt even UNLOAD, the filament was stuck;
then in desperation i tried to unscrew the nozzle , while at heat, well, the nozzle sheared off; the tip is in the tool i used and the nozzle throat is lodged up in the heater block, stuck by it’s threads

Well that sucks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005358048772.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.13.3f244363pc309q&algo_pvid=577674bb-97c0-4b37-879a-63ec85921508&algo_exp_id=577674bb-97c0-4b37-879a-63ec85921508-6&pdp_npi=3%40dis!CAD!420.13!151.09!!!2241.88!!%40211bcaae16886127163262837d0889!12000032732605743!sea!CA!0&curPageLogUid=gXEfqG5asWsk

I would just replace the whole thing. I have yet to have a jam or issue with mine other than the silly nozzles wear out fast. I am next nozzle order buy a hardened CHT.

1 Like

in the interests of full disclosure, my efforts with FLSUN continue;
i must say that their chat system is undoubtedly a real person or team of same;
they seem both knowledgeable and seem to have a lot of sway thruout their organization; they can make things happen;
in my case they are sending me a free replacement heater block/hot-end and attached nozzle;
they suggest using a light blow torch to try to clear the hardened plastic in the effector works and around the heater block (so i can remove the old one) ; they suggested that in a way that they expect some damage to sleaves and other parts ;
they then offered to replace any damaged parts free;
recall this is the company that paid all shipping and export and import fees for my initial purchase ( direct from the company);
so if they can deliver on what they say thus far, i will be quite happy;
as an aside, worst case i went re-shopping for a replacement printer other than the V400 and i couldnt find anything that combines these fast speeds and large z-axis build height and price and klipper/wifi;
o yes, they speculated that the root cause of this disaster may be not tightening the new nozzle when i replaced it; But what is “too loose” i tightened it “a fair amount” nothing that i thought was “loose” and certainly a good bit better that “finger tightened” ;
but i dont have any torque instruments…can anyone weight in on what might be the “right” amount of tight ? ( i noted that i might very well have to loosen /replace this in the future so didnt want to overtighten…; i assume all this would be a a print type heat , say 210 or so)

Well it is good to know they have tech support my experience with Artillery and Ceality were not good, artillery was pathetic they took so long to reply the warranty expired before they got past is it leveled and one. It took a year to get 3 emails .

I advocate getting warrenty support asap the manufacturers need to be held accountable. Especially when they have dangerous products. There are printers sold with much documented runaway disabled and that ultimately caused fires and there was at least one death. I believe they sill sell it with out runaway protection.

It is part of the hazards selling kits. At least in Canada most retailers not have third party inspection. I doubt if they are checking firmware on every unit however. Well maybe the CSA group they tend to do exhaustive testing.

the latest twist; this is all through their chat system ( called “krystal”);
our conversation regarding melting the embedded hardened plastic seems to agree that there will be damage that will amount to requiring a complete new effector assembly; involved include 3 fan shrouds, wire sheathing, silicon glue; for such high speed precise , vibration-managing assembly such as this it seems unproductive to continue this track;
thus i offerred to buy a new effector assembly at the going rate listed on this web page ( it is listed as “sold out”);
in response they offerred to send one to me at half price; as the hot-end and installed nozzle are ( assumedly) on their way already , then all i need do is assemble the two together and replace on the main printer;
since the original direct purchase of the printer had the supplier pay all export/import/shipping i assume this will follow that course-of-dealing;
i continue to be surprised at how much stroke that “chatter” seems to have, they make spot decisions incl pricing

2 Likes

Just an FYI in case you need it now:

2 Likes

thanks; i now have it in my amazon cart and will order

Great, keep us posted on how it works!