Frequent stops through print

I’m doing this now, leaving it sit for a few minutes, then will move the head and table around

I clicked proceed after one of the power cycles and got this for the first time

Yes. And installing something that allows you to view the console. Pronterface is likely the easiest.

Okay, researching Pronterface

+1 for pronterface, it is really good at displaying every event that happens when you are printing. The other nice thing is that it will keep track of everything like a log so you can look over it after.

Well, I don’t know what’s going on now, but all I get is that temp warning on the screen now with every print. Would having the silicone sock off cause that?

Is it time for a new hot end?

What is the temperature warning ?. If you turn on part cooling, and have no sock, you can get an error regarding heat rate.

So if your printer has been stopping since then, thats it. The time it takes to fail based on the size or amount of items would correlate to the feature or layer that the part cooling fan turns on.

Easy way to test this theory, turn off part cooling in the slicer, or unplug the part cooling fan.

I put the sock back on and the print started. I’ll report back if the same error happens.

Got halfway through the second layer and the shutdown/restart happened.

I am not inclined to believe this would be an issue caused by thermal runaway as this does not usually cause the printer to completely shut off and reboot. Usually it will stop heating and display an error message along with an ear piercing sound.

I think this issue lies somewhere within the power delivery, did you get the new power supply in yet?

I’m installing it as we speak. Also still trying to research the pronterface.

Well, looks like I have to get another power supply. The replacement I ordered is twice the height as the one in the printer.

Oh jeez :laughing:

I would recommend still installing the new PSU you have, it should be enough to tell you if the issue lies within the PSU or if there is something else going on, just prop the printer up on some other stuff like books or something in order to make it the right height.

Already sent back. New one will be here tomorrow

Ok sounds good, let me know how it goes!!

Well, I didn’t want to say anything until the print is done, but it’s still going. I put in the new power supply in and started the print. Knock on wood

2 Likes

I am taking your lack of follow-up as good news!

I actually JUST checked the print. It ran and finished over night

Power supply fixed the issue

Thank you very much to all for the help throughout this all

1 Like

Hooray :tada:

Glad it got figured out, if something else goes wrong just let me know and we can try and figure it out!