Ghost printing on k1 Max Printer

My K1 Max prints one or two layers then stops printing plastic however the nozzle continues moving as though it was still printing but nothing is coming out of the nozzle. I have extruded the nozzle and material does come out. The nozzle and printing head continue moving and rising as though it was printing successive layers. What is the problem I am having and how do I fix it? Every print job I do I cannot get past two layers. I have a new copper alloy nozzle installed.

If it extrudes then it is not likely a plugged nozzle. Bad code maybe. Try a different slicer and see if that works…

I am using Orca slicer.

What material and temperature are you using to print?

Try cura and see if it makes a difference.

Hello, I would recommend you to use the original Creality slicer to see if the error is in the slicer or in the printer. Your problem is very similar to a misconfiguration of the slicer.

The slicer failing is very exotic.

If you remove the filament and look at the end when it was in the printer is there a notch in it where it failed to advance?

When I pulled out the filament there was a squeezed-looking short length. I think a piece got stuck inside abpve the nozzle but below the gears. I used the pin to try and see if the hole was clear and the pin would not go through.

I have to buy a small torch to heat up the pin and melt the piece inside out