Handle print quality

I got my machine back up and running and I printed the handle file that came on the sd card. I am printing with PLA+ with nozzle set to 215 and bed at 60. I am thinking I need to adjust something but not sure where to start I have included a couple of photos showing the underside of the top of the handle, thanks for any input.

It looks like you didn’t use support and the bridging was to far and failed.

Ok thanks I just found the support function in Cura now to get that figured out lol, thanks for your reply

Generally you only need to use 2 or 3 % infill with supports, for a lot of prints. That saves time and material. Try slicing the file using both “tree” and “normal”, “everywhere” and “touching buildplate” only, compare print times. Tree is usually easier to remove but can take longer to print. There are always trade offs.

Ok thanks, I just tried a different part and used the “everywhere” setting and it probably should not have used it because I had small holes and slots in the middle of the piece that where a pain to clear out. I did not realize that I could set the infill for the supports at a different percentage, that would have made things easier I think.

Cleaning out the holes and sanding/filing down the lumps and bumps is called “post-processing”.

I do everything I can to avoid it but sometimes you just can’t.

Just like any other process lol the cleanup is the worst. I imagine that process can certainly be reduced somewhat as experience level increases.

1 Like

The biggest reason to avoid supports if possible is the crappy finish you get where the support touches the print.