Happy Friday - PRINT FAIL!

I love coming into the office and thinking I am going to be pulling a completed print off the bed and you realize from the door that you have a cabinet full of spaghetti… Love it and Hate it at the same time

why-the-printer-doesnt-work_o_1209497

I don’t think your printer hates you - it just has a nasty sense of humour.

2 Likes

Almost

2 Likes

HAHA, that’s close

1 Like

No, it definitely hates you.

1 Like

@Glenn

Can I ask, what are the different coloured threads on the lead screw?

Is that grease or?

1 Like

That is grease with brass worn into it. brass turns stuff black when it rubs. the machining is atrocious on the T nuts and also the extruder gears on both my printers and on the spare parts too. I suspect one set of threads is doing all the work on that rod. actually looking now 3 of the 4 stars are doing all the work. to check this clean it off put a marker mark on it run it through a couple of times and see where the wear is, it’ll rub the ink off…

2 Likes

Can you go back to the manufacturer on that? At the very least, shouldn’t you replace the T nut?

I’ve never seen that on any of my printers - if the threads change colour, they ALL change colour.

Good luck.

1 Like

Neat, thanks for the input. I havent seen that myself yet but good to know brass turns worked threads black.

Those are the new T nuts LOL. but I guess it’s time again heh. Everything is really starting to show its age now on these printers. mine saw a lot of printing it’s only been off and not printing for about 2 weeks the whole year and that photo was from that printer. The used one (second printer I bought) didn’t look like it had a lot of use but it had an addon bearing trapping the top of the Z rod so all the wear went into the T nut because the motor coupling is rigid on these. I have definitely got to replace that one. it unscrews by itself really easily.

1 Like

I use a lot of brass and bronze at work. the black stuff you get from handling brass is very helpful on my machinery. I think the Chinese makers are just plain ignoring they are machining brass when they make these parts. it’s not the same as steel and aluminum to machine it. the tools all need different angles.

1 Like

Here my weekend print fail. Apparently pla didnt like printing at 240 xD

1 Like

Bad filament . Where did you buy it from ?

Possibly it is possessed by the devil. What is the serial #, …666 by any chance. (hear spooky sounds now). :grimacing:

Hi @Joe1

Welcome to the Forum, Hope to see you here often.

I think we all have the printer once in a while that is just a problem child, I know at my farm it jumps from printer to printer, randomly I have a printer that just says I want to create from havoc in your life.

Jason