Hardened Steel Nozzles for Ender 5 S-1?

Does anyone have a source for these?.. I understand that the Ender 7 uses the same ones, but Creality don’t sell any!..

Bob

Micro Swiss has plated wear resistant nozzles for the Ender 7 / Ender 5 S1:

0.4mm: Micro Swiss Brass Plated Wear Resistant Nozzle for Ender 7 / Ender 5 S – 3D Printing Canada

0.6mm: Micro Swiss Brass Plated Wear Resistant Nozzle for Ender 7 / Ender 5 S – 3D Printing Canada

0.8mm: Micro Swiss Brass Plated Wear Resistant Nozzle for Ender 7 / Ender 5 S – 3D Printing Canada

HI Chris…

Thanks for that information, I did see those… I don’t know if “plated brass” nozzles have the same wear resistance as hardened steel or not, hence my reluctance in using them for Carbon Fiber…Do you have any experience to compare the Micro Swiss to hardened steel?..

Bob

Personally I use Nozzles but they are not available for the ender 5 I Believe the Ender 5 uses a standard MK8 nozzle. Check this.

Is close to the xnozzle.

or

HI kitedemon…

Thanks for that, but the Ender 5 S-1 uses a longer nozzle, like the Ender 7…

Bob

Hmmm might be out of luck if they don’t make a hardened nozzle. Could a volcano adapter work?

I found some from China, ordered them, and they appear identical to the Creality ones that came with my Ender 5 S-1

I’ll let you know how they work when I try them…

Bob

These nozzles are NOT hard enough for Carbon Fibre… They are a plated brass (or copper), and the ends of them wear off… Here is a photo of the one I used, compared to a new one…

As you can see, the tip of the nozzle is worn away, and this occurred on about 500g of CF filament, resulting in deteorating print quality and having to raise the table frequently to get first layer adhesion as it wore down…

I have located some “hardened steel nozzles” on Alibaba, and ordered them in 0.4, 0.6 and 0.8mm…

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006153813515.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.11.527418023SRrsM

They have arrived, and I will report on how they perform after using them…

Bob

That sucks. My experience with hardened steel nozzles and nozzles in general is to rely on brand name well made they simply perform better.

I would agree, but obtaining hardened steel nozzles for the Ender 5 S-1 has been next to impossible… I didn’t buy Micro Swiss because they stated they were plated copper/brass, so had to hunt down an alterrnative… I can’t believe Creality don’t stock this item, the printer has been out for over a year now… and the Ender 7 even longer… I think one of the Ender 3’s now has the same hot end, but still no nozzles for abrasive materials… :unamused:

Bob